Chapter 14

Patches was standing just a few feet in front of the T.V., just staring at it. Kirstie had gone back to the kitchen.

"Patches, you need to back up some. That 's gonna hurt your eyes, plus I can't see it." Kevin said trying to look around him. Patches looked at Kevin with a confused look and pointed at the talking box.

"It's called a T.V. or television." Kevin said smiling. "Come on and sit down. We'll find something to watch."

Patches sat down on the floor by the recliner. He couldn't take his eyes off of the box that Kevin had called a television, it was the weirdest thing he had ever seen.

Kirstie came out of the kitchen, "Who's hungry?" Patches jumped up patting himself on the chest. "Well then, let's eat." She laughed.

"You can sit there, Patches." She said pointing to a chair.

"Uh, Kirstie? There's something you might need to know." Kevin said setting down.

"What's that?" Taking a seat and looking toward Patches just in time to see him grab into the plate of spaghetti with his hands and shoving it in his mouth.

"Patches doesn't know how to use silverware." Kevin smirks picking up a fork.

"OH NO!! NO PATCHES!! STOP IT!!!" She yells at him trying to get his hands out of his plate. He made a sound at her that sounded to her like a huff.

She jumped back and stared at him. " DID YOU JUST HUFF AT ME??!!" She said in shock. Kevin chuckled and took a bite of garlic bread.

"DID YOU HEAR HIM??!! HE JUST HUFFED AT ME!! NO YOU DIDN'T JUST HUFF AT ME!!" She said with anger in her voice.

He nodded his head twice very hard and glared at her. He was hungry and he was mad at her cause she wasn't letting him eat.

She sighed then calming her voice, "You have to use a fork." She tried to teach him how to use it but he could not keep the spaghetti on it.

He was getting very irritable, he was starving and this thing called a fork was doing nothing to solve the problem. He finally leaned over using the fork to scoop the noodles into his mouth.

"Patches, honey, your making a mess. You're getting it all over you." Kirstie scolded.

Patches slammed the fork down and started getting up from the table.

"Where are you going? I thought you were hungry?" Kirstie asked.

He nodded his head pouting. He reach down and picked up the fork and handed it to Kirstie, shaking his head.

She then realized she was dealing with a man probably in his mid 20s that has spent his entire life eating from a dumpster. She was trying to push him too hard and too fast to try new things.

"Wait a minute, I got an idea. Please sit back down." She said picking up his plate. She began cutting up the spaghetti in small pieces. Then went and got a spoon.

"Let's try this, Sweetheart. It might be easier for you." She took the spoon and put it in his hand. With her hand on top of his, she scooped up a spoon full of noodles bringing it up to his mouth. He quickly ate it and nodded.

 He tried it by himself and nailed it.

"So you think you got it?" She ask smiling at him.

He nodded but continued eating.

After the dishes AND Patches was cleaned up, they all returned to the living room to relax.

Kevin relaxed in the recliner thankful for the full belly and that he was going to get a good nights sleep in a real bed.

Patches sit on the floor leaning back on the couch again fascinated by the television. 

Kirstie was sitting on the couch behind Patches, with a leg on either side of him, playing with his hair.

She leaned over next to his ear, "I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier. You still mad at me?"

Never taking his eyes off the T.V., he shakes his head and reaches an arm around her neck pulling her face closer to his into a hug.

"Thank you, Sweetie." She whispers to him and places a kiss on his cheek.

He slowly reaches up and rubs the cheek she had kissed and she seen him smile.

___________________________________________________________

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

COMMENT! COMMENT! COMMENT!

**  AMERICA!!  **