Chapter 42

Kirstie and Kevin were sitting at the table just enjoying their coffee. Talking about one thing and then another, when they hear feet shuffling up the hallway. They smile at each other and look toward the door.

A messy haired Patches comes shuffling in. Rubbing his eye with one hand and in the other his dragon. He walks over to Kirstie, stepping over her legs and sitting down in her lap, facing her. She lets out a grunt. He lays his head over on her shoulder.

She looks at Kevin with wide eyes, causing him to laugh. "Heavy? He doesn't quite realize that he's 5'11"." 

She nods as she tries to smooth down his wild hair. She hears him mumble something into her shoulder. "What baby?"

He raises up and looks at her. "Dop fowl."

"Dop fowl?" She ask and he nods. "Honey, I don't understand."

He places a hand on each side of her face and leans over until they are just a couple inches apart.

"DOP FOWL!" He shouts causing her to jump and Kevin to laugh loudly.

"Baby, I hear you, I just don't understand what you are trying to say." She laughs. Then it hits her. "Oh, wait a minute. Flowers?" He nods. "But what's dop?"

He holds up his dragon then turns loose of it letting it fall. "Dop" He whispers.

"OH! You dropped the flowers." She said. He nods and sticks his bottom lip out in a pout.

She giggles and takes a hold of his bottom lip, gently tugging it. "That's O.K., Sweetie. You can just buy me some flowers." She said smiling at him.

He smiles and nods, holding a hand up in front of her face. "Mmm... Muh."

Kevin cackled out in laughter.

Patches looks at him and points. "Sssss... Sop K..Keb!!"

Kevin raises his hands. "Alright, alright. I'll stop. How about something to eat?" He says reaching down picking up the dragon and handing in back to him.

"D..Dag." He whispers, hugging his dragon and laying his head back on Kirstie's shoulder.

"You know, I think it's weird that Patches is always trying to talk, but Patch hardly says anything." She says looking at Kevin while rubbing Little Bits on the back.

Kevin shrugs. " Patch might be embarrassed to try to talk. Maybe he's afraid it will come out sounding weird and we'll laugh or something. Could be a macho thing, after all, he does have a mind of a grown man. He may think he'll sound to babyish. Where Patches could care less."

She nods sadly thinking of Patch. She kisses Patches on the head. She then hears his stomach growl and he giggles grabbing his belly.

__________________________________________

VOTE & LEAVE A COMMENT!!

**  AMERICA!!  **