Chapter 35

OVER 8000 READS FOR PATCHES!!!! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!! AND FOR THE LOYAL VOTERS A DOUBLE THANKS!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

______________________________________________________

"Wow." Scott and Mitch says in unison. They can't believe what they just witnessed.

"Patches, Sweetie, These are my friends." Kirstie said pointing to the guys.

Patches stares at the strangers and tugs lightly at his hair.

"Hi Patches. My name is Mitch." Mitch says smiling.

Patches nods slightly then looks at Kirstie.

"Can you say Mitch?" She ask and he shakes his head. "Oh, come on. You didn't even try. Watch my mouth. Mitch." She says pointing to her mouth.

He watches her mouth as she repeats 'Mitch' a few more times.

"M..m..mi..mit." He nods then points to Mitch. "Mit."

Mitch chuckles, "That's close enough."

"And this is Scott." She says pointing to the tall blonde. "Scott" She repeats.

"S...Sot." Patches smiles pointing at Scott. "Sot"

Mitch laughs loudly clapping his hands. "Boy you tagged him right."

Patches looked at Kirstie not knowing what he meant by that. She pats him on the leg. "You did great, baby."

"So Patches, is that your coloring book?" Scott ask trying to break the ice.

Patches nods and pats himself on the chest.

"Would you show me some of your coloring?" Scott ask.

Patches smiles and nods. He walks over picking up his coloring book off of the floor. He walks over to the couch and sits down, squeezing  in between the two men. They both chuckle and move over some giving him room. He opens the book to reveal very child-like coloring.

"Wow, those are really good." Scott smiles at him. He nods proudly.

"Absolutely. I've always wanted to see a green and purple chicken. And now I have." Mitch said pushing back his bangs.

Patches looks at him with wide eyes and nods, smiling. Causing Mitch to chuckle.

"He has really got some beautiful eyes." Mitch said to Kirstie.

"Doesn't he thought. That's the first thing I noticed about him when I first met him. Those green eyes." Kirstie smiled.

"Patches, can I color a picture?" Mitch ask.

"Naaa M..Mit." Patches says shaking his head.

"Patches, don't be mean." Kevin scolds.

"Oh, No. That's fine." Mitch said not wanting to get the little guy in trouble.

Patches pouts for a few minutes for being scolded then hands Mitch the coloring book. He gets up and goes picks up the colors from the floor, comes back to the couch and hands them to Mitch.

"Well Thank-you, sweet pea. Can I color this cat? I love cats." Mitch says and Patches nods.

Kirstie watched the three on the couch. She had been so worried that the guys wouldn't accept Kevin and Patches because they use to be homeless. But she was so wrong. She had great friends.

She watched Mitch and Patches color together while Kevin and Scott headed to the kitchen to fix supper. She loved her boys. She smiled rubbing her stomach.

Life was good.

____________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE!! PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!!

**  AMERICA!!  **