Chapter 17

O.K., so I'm updating Patches again. Why? Because of all my books this one is probably my favorite and so easy to write. Plus, everyone seems to love it. So ENJOY!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________

After breakfast, Kevin called to see if he could put in some extra hours of community service today, since Kirstie would be there to watch Patches.

He only had to do a certain amount of hours, and he didn't have that many left to do. They said that he could, so he went to take a shower and get ready. Kirstie had called Mario to see if he could come by and pick Kevin up.

Patches was sitting on the floor in the living room watching some cartoons on the television. He had also changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a plaid button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to he elbows. He was also wearing his old trusty beanie.

Kirstie had went to the kitchen to wash the dishes from breakfast.

Suddenly the door bell rung, causing Patches to jump at the sound.

"AAHHHHH!!" He screamed, jumping up and running to the kitchen where Kirstie was drying her hands.

"Honey, was that you?" Kirstie ask about the time the door bell rang again.

"AAHHH!!" He screams looking around wildly.

Kirstie begins to laugh, "Sweetie, that's just the door bell. It means someone is at the door. Come on." She said taking him by the hand. He pulls back, shaking his head, frightened. "It's probably Mario here to pick up Kevin." She pulls him with her to the door. She opens the door to see Mario.

"See I told you it was Mario." She said giggling at Patches hiding behind her. "The door bell scared the crap out of him." She said letting Mario in.

"Oh my God." Mario said walking up to Patches. "Kirstie, what did you do to our Patches?" He was in total shock by how different he looked.

"So you like what we found under all that beard and dirt?" Kirstie ask smiling.

"Daaanngggg! He doesn't even look like the same person." Mario said staring in shock.

"I guess I'm ready. Oh hey Mario." Kevin said walking into the living room.

"Good Lord!, Ya'll just trying to kill me now." Mario said looking at a cleaned up Kevin.

Patches patted Mario on the arm. He pointed to himself and Kevin then pointed to the floor.

"No shit?" Mario said looking at Kirstie as Patches nods his head. "You guys are gonna be living here? I think that's great." Giving Patches a hug.

"Well, she may change her mind after a few days with him." Kevin laughs and Patches shakes his head.

"You ready to go?" Mario ask Kevin.

"Yea, Kirstie? Can you write your phone number down for me? I may see if I can work over to take off some more hours. If they do I'll call you to let you know." Kevin said.

"Sure." Kirstie said writing down her number.

"Let me write down my number for you too. I'll be off work, but I have a car and will gladly come and pick you up." Mario said.

"That would be great. Thank you so much." Kevin said folding up the paper and sticking it in his pocket. Then the two left, leaving Kirstie and Patches.

"Well, looks like it's just me and you, kid." She said tugging on his hair. He smiles and nods.

She heads back to the kitchen to finish the dishes with Patches following closely behind her.

"So what do you want to do today?" She asked putting away the last of the dishes.

He shrugs as he watches her.

She turns around and notice that he has been watching her every move. But his eyes were different some how.

'Watch his eyes. It's all in the eyes', she remembered Kevin telling her. These eyes that watched her was not the wide eyes of a child. But the eyes of a man.

She walks over sitting down in front of him, taking his hand. He looks down at their hands, rubbing his thumb across her knuckles. He looks up and smiles at her.

Even the smile was different. Why hasn't she notice before. It's so obvious. She's dealing with two different people.

She looked into his beautiful green eyes and her heart broke. Such a gorgeous man, not being able to live a normal life. A life he so deserved. His mind had to be so confused.

All of it was because his mother chose drugs over her beautiful baby boy.

_________________________________________________________________________

COMMENT and VOTE!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!!

**  AMERICA!!  **