Chapter 72

*** Sign Language will be in ITALICS ***

_______________________________________

As Kirstie sat on the couch, hugging a sleeping Patches, she thought back to the first day she met him and Kevin. Using a garbage bag for a blanket and with his bare feet pressed against Kevin trying to stay warm, sleeping on the cold hard sidewalk.

She glanced at the window and could see it snowing heavily. There was already more than a foot of snow, and they were calling for more.

Just how did Patches survive the harsh winters of New York for twenty plus years? Bare footed, no coat. Just jeans, a blue jean shirt and that old beanie. She didn't know how, but she was sure glad he did.

And just to think, that this beautiful angel that slept in her arms was savagely raped. The same angel that loves his dragon onesie, loves to color and play outside with his truck. Sleeps with 'Dag' and his puppy Mack.

She shivered at the mere thought of it. She hopes that the guys that hurt him was burning in Hell right now.

And the loser at the little market that mistreated him, if he could only see them (meaning Patches/Patch) now. Patch wearing his black leather jacket with his hair tied back in a man bun, looking gorgeous as ever.

She giggled at the idea of Patches calling him a s.o.b., and then there was Kevin. The hero that took Patches under his wing and tried to protect him as much as he could. Even got arrested and had to serve community service for shoplifting a pair of shoes for Patches.

Even though his life had turned for the worse, he always wore a beautiful smile.

She looked at the man fast asleep in the recliner. She chuckled softly thinking of the trouble he had giving Little Bits his first bath.

It had to be the hand of God that led her to Skid Row to find his angels. And now he's blessed her with a third angel. Emily. Actually he's blessed her with four. Patches, Patch, Kevin and Emily.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a groan and a squirming Patches. She was afraid he was having a nightmare until he opened his eyes and looked at her.

The beautiful soft green eyes of her beloved Patch. 

He leans in and gives her a sweet kiss.

"Can I hold Em?" He asked, looking over at the bassinet.

"Of course you can, you're her daddy." Kirstie smiled.

Patch walks over and gently scoops up his daughter. He comes back over to the couch sitting down next to Kirstie, with a proud smile on his face.

"I let Patches hold her earlier and she spit up on his beard. I don't think he liked it too well." She laughed.

Patch chuckled, laying Emily down in his lap so he could use his hands. "How did he act toward her?"

"Oh, he was very thrilled. He says that he's her Bub." Kirstie smiled, cuddling to his side.

"I was afraid that he would be jealous." Patch smiled down at Em as she began to wake up.

"No, I told him that he was still my baby boy and Emily was my baby girl. He was quite happy with that." Kirstie said. 

Patch nods, then cradles his little girl back up in his arms. 

Kirstie watched them with a huge smile on her face. There was no way that Patch could deny Emily, because she looked just like him, without the beard of course. Her green eyes were the same as her daddy's.

Yep, she was definitely blessed.

__________________________________________________

PLEASE VOTE & LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!!!

(((( TIM + AVI = TIVI ))))

(((( TIM + ADAM = TIDAM ))))