Chapter 41

Patch hung around all day long. They cuddled on the couch together and watched a movie. Then they decided to walk to the store and do some shopping together. They left Kevin watching a football game.

They held hands and stole kisses every now and then. They knew Patch's time was limited so they wanted to spend as much time together as they could. They played around with the toys at the store getting strange looks from some of the customers.

With Thanksgiving coming up, Kirstie wanted to buy some stuff to decorate the house with. She loved decorating for the holidays, especially Christmas. She couldn't wait to see the looks on Patch/Patches's faces when they see their first Christmas tree.

They walk back to the house to find Kevin screaming at the referees on the television. He really got into his football games.

They decided to just order from a Chinese restaurant that delivers. Patch just couldn't get the hang of using chop sticks, so he just used his trusty fork. (Patches only uses spoons)

It started getting pretty late so they all went to bed. Patch and Kirstie cuddled together in her bed. They had dressed in their sleep clothes cause Patch didn't know how much longer he'd be around.

Kirstie rolled over in her sleep but woke up when she realized she had rolled over on something. She reached under her and pulled out a stuffed green alligator. She smiled and looked at her sleeping partner. He was lying on his side facing her, softly snoring. Cuddled in his arms was a stuffed green dragon.

Smiling, she brushes the hair out of his face and lightly places a kiss on his forehead. "If you get many more stuffed animals, ya'll are gonna root me out of bed. I'll be sleeping on the couch." She whispers. She hugs up the little alligator and dozes off to sleep. She was scheduled off the next day so she would have time to spend with him.

The next morning, she wakes up and quietly gets out of bed to keep from waking him up. She walks into the kitchen to find Kevin sitting at the table drinking him a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Sunshine." He chuckles as she stumbles to the coffee pot. "Rough night?"

"You try sleeping with a dragon and an alligator all night." She smirks.

"So I take it that Patches is back." He says taking a sip.

"Yea, I guess he woke up and realized he didn't have his sleeping buddies." Kirstie yawned.

Kevin gives an evil grin and gets up from the table.

"Where are you going?" Kirstie ask.

"Time for a little payback." He chuckles picking up Kirstie's phone and heads to the bedroom.

"Oh my Lord." She mumbles to herself. "These two, or should I say three, are gonna drive me to drinking."

"You gotta see this. I couldn't have gotten a better picture." He laughs handing her the phone.

"Oh my God, Kevin." She giggles as she looks at the picture of a sleeping Patches, cuddled up with his dragon, sucking his thumb.

__________________________________

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!!!

*** ALSO CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK "Silent"!! The first chapter is up!!!!

**  AMERICA!!  **