Deaf Love (Part 2)

Let's go!

[Jack's Pov]

We walked to our first lesson in silence...well...of course it would be silence if I can't hear anything, but Mark didn't sign to me or stuff like that.

He just kept looking at the people that were staring as he walked by, was he intimated by them?

I tapped him on the shoulder and he looked at me. 'Something wrong?' I signed. Mark smiled and looked forward again.

'People just keep staring at me' he signed. I gave him a caring look and smiled.

'It's probably because they are so mesmerised by your pink hair!' I signed with a grin.

Mark laughed and looked at me again. 'Probably, I know I'm still mesmerised by your green hair!' I blushed a little and looked to the side of the hallway, pointing to the classroom.

Mark nodded and walked to the door, lining up outside it, we were a bit early.

My helper, Miss Firth came walking out the classroom and was about to walk down the hall, but stopped when she saw me.

'Morning Jack' she signed with a smile. 'Morning' I signed back.

She started talking to Mark and I just stood and watched, wondering what their voices would be like.

'Mark said you helped him get here, how?' She signed to me. I smiled and signed 'he knows sign language'

She looked surprised and said something to Mark, probably praising him.

'Would you be able to help Jack with his work? I'm his helper of course but maybe he would like you to help as well' she signed to Mark so that I could tell what she was saying.

'Of course, I'm his friend so I will help him!' Mark smiled. I smiled back and waited for the teacher to get here.

~itty bitty pretty little kitty time skip~

Throughout the lesson Mark helped me understand the work that he surprisingly knew a lot about, he was so kind and gentle to me.

'I'm stuck on this question' I signed to him. He smiled and scooted up closer to me, pointing at the question.

'This angle is opposite from this one, so it's the same' he signed. I smiled at him. 'Thanks' I signed.

He nodded and we carried on with the lesson, I hardly needed my helper since Mark was so nice...

I felt a prod on my shoulder and I quickly turned around, a boy called Elliot was sat there, smiling at me.

He raised his eyebrows up and down and looked at Mark's back, what was he trying to say?

He did a 'blow job' gesture at me and looked at Mark again.

Was he fucking serious? Ever since I came out as gay in class that one time I hadn't heard the end of it.

I rolled my eyes and turned back around. Mark poked me and I looked at him. 'Something up?' He asked. 'Its nothing' I signed, smiling as if to say everything was okay...

...when it really wasn't.

Class had finished and me and Mark walked out, Elliot sniggering and looking at me as he walked past.

I stared at him with fire in my eyes, the words I wish I could say to him. 'What's wrong with him?' Mark signed. I looked at him as we walked down the hallway.

'He makes fun of me for being gay' I signed, dropping my arms after signing, fed up.

'That's horrible!' Mark signed with a horrid expression, he also had a different emotion mixed with his face of shock...was it...happiness? Because he knew I was gay? No, I'm being silly.

'I don't mind it though' I signed, giving a weak smile. Mark put his arm around me as we walked, giving me a quick side hug. He felt so warm.

He let go and looked into my eyes. 'If you do or don't mind it, don't let him do anything to you okay?' Mark signed, I could almost imagine the care in his voice...if only I could hear it.

We walked down the hallway further until we got to a corner where we turned, into the dinner hall. It was probably noisy as ever, but i got the peace and quiet.

'You get your food there, then pay for it over there' I signed, pointing to where Mark needed to go. He nodded and got in the queue as I went to sit down at a table. In peace and quiet.