Officer Mcloughlin (Part 2)

My eyes fluttered open, the blinding white light pained my eyes, making me close them again. Where was I? Why were there so many lights?
I took another attempt to open my eyes, slowly and carefully so my eyes could get used to the brightness. I found myself looking at the ceiling, and my eyes moved downwards until I was faced with a slumped figure sat in a chair.

My throat was dry, so my attempt to speak was pointless as my words would only come out broken. The figure was Mark. Had he been here the entire time I had been in this hospital bed? I looked around to see if I could get his attention somehow, and I found some buttons on the side of the bed. I pressed one and they moved the bed up, letting me be in the reaching distance of Mark. I tapped his shoulder and shook it slightly, waking him up. "Mcloughlin!" He said when he looked over at me. "Are you okay? Are you feeling well?" He asked in a frantic manner, wanting to get answers quickly. "I'm fine Mark, just a bit numb." I told him. My shoulder and lower body hurt slightly, and I didn't want to move them incase I damaged them more in any way.

Mark leapt out of his chair and put a hand on my unharmed shoulder and his other hand on the side of the bed. "I thought you were going to die. And it would have been all my fault." He said, looking into my eyes, then looking away. "Mark." I said, getting his attention to turn his head back to me. "It wasn't your fault, I should have searched the area if there was anyone still there from the scene, it's my own fault." Mark shook his head and gulped, his throat was probably getting dry since his eyes started to form tears.

"Then I should have done that and-"
"Mark."
"-I should have called someone sooner when you were bleeding because-"
"Mark."
"-and I didn't even shoot the man straight away before he could do any more harm to you-
"Mark!"
He stopped and a tear fell from his eye. He realised that he had been blubbering excuses and he hung his head. "Sorry sir..." He mumbled, loosening his grip on the bed and my shoulder. "Jack." I told him. He moved his head and looked up at me.
"Wh...What?
"It's Jack. You don't have to call me sir.
"But-"
"Your not obliged to call me sir you know.
"I know..."
There was a short silence before Mark spoke up again. "That's what you told me before you got shot. You told me to call you Jack." I nodded and chuckled slightly. "It seems you forgot then didn't you?" I asked him. He smiled and chuckled as well, staring into my eyes. "I'm glad you're here Jack." Mark said, breaking the short silence. "I'm glad you're here with me." I told him, staring back into his eyes.

With his hand still on my shoulder, he moved his eyes to my lips and started to lean in towards me. I looked down at his lips and began to lean forward as well, beginning to part my lips so I could fit them with Mark's. Suddenly Mark stopped and leaned back, shaking his head with red, hot cheeks. "J-Jack I'm sorry I just-" Before he could say much more, I moved my hand to the back of his head, pushing him towards me. I leaned forward and with a surprised gasp from Mark, I connected my lips to his. I closed my eyes and moved my lips slightly, feeling him move his against mine.

"About time, Officer Fischbach."
I pulled away from Mark, his lips disconnecting from mine, leaving a sense of loneliness. I looked behind Mark to see Crawford stood in the doorway of the hospital room, smiling at Mark.
"C-Crawford I was just-"
"It doesn't affect anything Mark, you're still an Officer whoever you are with. Besides, I've noticed that you've liked Mcloughlin for a while."
I turned my attention to Mark, his face was a brighter red and I couldn't help but smile. "I'm glad to see you're doing well." Crawford said as he walked over to me. "Hopefully we'll get you back on the job yes?" I nodded at his words and yawned, realising how tired I was. "I'll leave you to rest, get better will you? We need a man like you on the job and Mark will sure as hell miss you at work." He chuckled, waving to me before walking out the door. "Should I leave you to sleep?" Mark asked me, his face still red. "Could you stay with me? You can leave whenever you want just...stay until I fall asleep?" I asked him, feeling my heart ache at the thought of him leaving right away. "Of course Jack." Mark sat back in his chair and pressed the buttons to lower me down, making me more comfortable. He took my hand in his and smiled, before I felt my eyelids droop and eventually close, sending me to sleep.

Ehh this kinda sucked but hey Jack didn't die ayee