The Ring Necklace (Small Angst)

Basic Story: Jack wears a necklace with a ring on it, it feels special for some reason but he doesn't know why.

Warnings: A short sad story~

More Info: Based on azuneechan on deviantart's comic strip :3

[No-one's Pov]

Mark walked into the room and he found Jack sat on the couch, looking down at something that he couldn't see.

Mark walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.

He jolted, surprised someone was here with him.

He managed to lift his head up when he jolted, as if what he was looking down at was forcing him to not look away.

"Oh, hey Mark!" He said when he turned around and saw him.

"Hey Jack, I was wondering if you wanted to do a gaming video togeth-" Mark stopped mid-sentence and stared at a necklace Jack was wearing.

It was on some thin rope, around his neck with a single ring attached to it.

He stared at the ring necklace for a while, a feeling in his stomach was turning.

"When did you start wearing that?" Mark asked Jack, pointing to the necklace.

"Oh, this?" Jack put his thumb under the ring and lifted it up off his chest.

"I found it actually...I saw it on our bedside table and...it felt special to me..."

Jack paused and looked down at the ring, closing his fist around it and holding onto it tight.

"...I wanted it with me all the time so I put it on this rope, and made a necklace." Jack finished, closing his eyes and smiling while holding onto the ring.

Mark blinked slowly and swallowed before speaking again.

"R-right..." Mark stuttered, the feeling in his stomach turning more by the minute.

"...d-do you know what it is?" Mark asked, hoping that Jack would know the answer.

"...um...no..." Jack said quietly, asking himself why he liked it so much.

"...I just like it...it doesn't matter what it is right? It's just a ring and...it feels special to me but I don't know why..." Jack said, looking down at his fist and loosening his grip, staring at the object he held so close to him.

"You...don't remember...do you?" Mark asked, his throat going dry and finding it hard to get any words out.

"Remember...?" Jack asked himself, searching every corner of his mind for the answer.

"...no...I don't remember a lot of things anyway...haha..." Jack murmured, only giving a weak chuckle at the end of his sentence.

It was true, Jack didn't remember a lot of things after the...accident.

The crash had such an effect it caused him to lose his memory, not all of it, but most of it.

Jack jolted his head up as if to snap out of his trance of remembering, and smiled up at Mark who had a face of worry.

"It doesn't matter anyway right? It just feels...special..." Jack said, trying to keep a true smile on his face.

"You know it's..." Mark was about to let the words escape his lips, but he stopped. He didn't want to explain.

"...never mind. If it feels that special keep it close to you...always...okay?" Mark said to Jack.

"Yeah, of course Marki!" Jack stood up from the sofa, getting to his feet quickly and flashing Mark a smile.

"I'm going to get some food, then we can play games?" Jack asked, waiting for Mark's answer.

Mark was going to reply, but he couldn't even think of anything to say.

Because of the silence, Jack decided to ask another question.

"You don't know what it is do you?" Jack asked, referring to the ring around his neck.

Mark looked into Jack's blue eyes, him stood there waiting for Mark.

Jack jolted as he heard a phone go off, by the sound of his ringtone, it was his.

"Oh...I'll go get that! Games after okay Mark?" Jack said, not waiting for Mark to answer and walking towards the noise to his phone, leaving Mark stood in the living room.

He stood there and looked at the floor, his heart aching.

He stared at his own feet and spoke to himself in the silence of the room.

"...it's your wedding ring..."