Deaf Love (Part 3)

Enjoy!

[Mark's Pov]

I got my food and I sat down at the table Jack was at, he smiled at me as I sat down. He was so...adorable. I loved his smile so much...

[Jack's Pov]

'Not hungry?' Mark signed to me. I shook my head and shrugged. He nodded and started eating a biscuit he had bought.

'Can I hear your voice?' He suddenly signed out of nowhere. My eyes opened wide and I shook my head.

'It's weird talking when you can't hear yourself' I told him. He gave me a caring smile and nodded again.

'Its okay if you don't want to do it' he signed. 'I could try' I told him. He looked at me with excitement. 'Yes please!' He signed.

I smiled and breathed in and out, talking felt so weird and I hadn't done it in ages. "Hi Mark." I said. I instantly covered my mouth with my hand, the weird feeling tingling in my throat.

He gasped then signed to me quickly. 'Your Irish! You sound so cool!' I smiled at him and blushed.

'I'm never doing that again' I signed. He laughed and carried on eating his biscuit, not letting his smile go away.

'I wish I could hear yours.' I signed.

~hey ma! I found a time skip!~

Mark helped me again for the rest of the day, he was very smart in the lessons despite it being his first day here.

We got on the bus and sat down next to each other, I looked out the window but soon turned to Mark when he tapped me on the shoulder.

'Thanks for being my friend' he signed. I smiled and stared into his chocolate eyes.

'No problem, I'm glad your mine too' He grinned and looked giddy, excited from what I had signed to him, he looked cute when he was like this.

The rest of the journey was silent, meaning we didn't sign to each other, but it wasn't awkward. His adorable smile didn't leave his lips throughout the entire time.

The bus stopped at the bus stop that Mark got on from. His smile went away as he stood up.

'I can't wait to see you tomorrow.' He signed, sad but still smiling. I smiled back.

'Me too' I signed. He started to walk away from his chair but I grabbed his hand.

'Give you my number so we can talk? By text of course' I sighed. God it was even awkward asking for someone's number even when you used sign language.

He flashed me a smile and got some paper out of his pocket, quickly scribbling some numbers down.

He handed the paper to me and I took it, smiling up at him. He flashed me a smile before running off the bus and into the slight drizzling of rain.

I gave a happy sigh and watched him run until I couldn't see him anymore. I could wait to 'talk' with him.

~meow it's a time skip~

As soon as I got home I ran upstairs and threw my bag on my bed, getting my phone out my pocket and sending a message to Mark.

'Hiya, it's Jack. You've got my number now haha :)'

I smiled at my text and waited until he replied. I saw someone from the corner of my eye and I looked over at my door, my mum was stood there with her whiteboard with the words 'Have a nice day at school?' written on it.

I smiled and nodded. She walked over to me and sat down on the bed, looking at what I was doing on my phone. She started writing on the whiteboard again. 'Who are you texting?' she wrote.

I smiled and I took her whiteboard pen, starting to write. 'A new friend I made at school today, he knows sign language!'

My mum had the biggest smile on her face and gave me a big hug. She got the pen and wrote something else. 'That's so great! He'll have to come over some time!'