Love Is In The Air (Fluff)

Basic Story: Mark takes Jack out for the day and surprises him.

Warnings: None bruh it's just cute

[Jack's Pov]

"Jaaaaack!" I heard Mark yell, running behind the couch and wrapping his strong, tanned arms around my neck as I was sat down.

"Whaaaaat?" I mimicked his tone, giggling afterwards. I turned my head away from the TV to look up at him, smiling wide.

"Can we go out tonight? There's a place I wanna go to!" He asked like a child, kissing my cheek. "Oh? And where's that?" I replied with a raised eyebrow.

"I can't tell you that! It's a surprise!" He told me, looking into my blue ocean eyes. I groaned and rolled my eyes, looking back into his brown chocolate ones.

"I've done all my recording today, so yeah, sure...ya silly." I said with a giggle. Mark smiled wide and kissed my cheek again, unwrapping his arms from around my neck.

"Yay! I'm gonna go get changed and you better be ready!" He told me, before rushing up the stairs.

It was rare that we had the chance to go out together, since we were always recording or editing in some way or the other.

Most nights we would stay in and cuddle, or...do something else. (cough which involves taking off their clothes cough) So I was happy that we could spend some time together tonight.

I was wearing a sleeveless grey top with some jeans, so I didn't really need to change if we weren't doing something fancy.

As soon as Mark came downstairs in a green top with straps and some jeans, I knew I was alright to stay in these clothes.

I grabbed my glasses off the table in front of me and stood up, putting them on. "I'm ready!" I told him, smiling. He narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

"No you're not..." He chuckled, bringing something out from behind his back and putting it around my neck.

I looked down and saw that it was a necklace he got me, it was just a shark tooth on some string like material, but I loved it to bits.
(ngl would love to see Jack wear that)

"Oh! I haven't worn this in ages!" I said, smiling up at him. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the house.

The car trip was extremely long, and I fell asleep on the way there. It wasn't until I got woken up I realised where we were.

"Hey sleepy head." I heard a deep voice say, making me open my eyes slowly to see Mark smiling at me from his car seat.

"Are...are we here?" I tiredly said, rubbing my eyes and sitting up. "Yep. I almost didn't want to wake you up, since you look adorable sleeping." He said with a chuckle.

"Ya creep." I told him, making him laugh as I stretched my arms out and looked out the window. "We're...we're here?!"

As I looked out the window, I saw the sea sparkling in the dim sunlight, wooden pathways that went out towards the water, with little markets and shops that sold sweets and ornaments, not to mention random stuff that you bought but never really used.

It was a place I used to look at on the Internet when I was younger, sad that I would never be able to go since I was in Ireland, and we didn't really have enough money to go.

I'd tell Mark about it over and over, smiling just thinking about what it would be like. I would always sigh afterwards, wishing that I could go there.

I was smiling wide, making Mark look at me like I was the most precious thing in the world. I looked at Mark and hugged him, making his eyes widen.

"Thank you Markimoo." I said, snuggling into his neck. "You're welcome Jackaroony." He replied, hugging me back tight.

"Now let go of me before I hug you so much I won't be able to let go!" He said, making me giggle.

~Time Skip~

We were both walking along the wooden pathways, the water underneath us splashing against the scaffolding that held the pathways up.

There was a slight breeze from the sea, but it was a warm evening. I couldn't stop smiling, looking at everything I passed by in awe.

I was snapped out of my state when I felt my hand being held. I looked down and saw Mark's fingers intertwined with mine.

I looked up to meet his eyes, my surprised expression turning into one of joy. "You don't think people will...mind...do you?" I asked with slight worry.

He shook his head and looked forward, still keeping his smile. "Of course not, why would they mind that I'm holding the hand of someone I love?" Mark said, making my heart beat a bit faster.

"Even if they did mind, I don't care." He added on, my smile getting bigger. I swung our arms, our footsteps and swings going in sync with each other.

Suddenly Mark stopped and stood in front of me, putting his arms on my shoulders. "I'm gonna get something for you, okay?" He said, grabbing my hand again and pulling me to a bench, sitting me down.

"Don't look, no peaking!" He said, making me roll my eyes and giggle. "Alright, alright!" I replied. I closed my eyes and sat back on the bench, tapping my feet.

It took a while for Mark to come back, but I didn't mind. I was sat there listening to the birds and the sea, splashes and waves filling my ears.

I got a tap on my shoulder and I opened my eyes, seeing Mark in front of me with a big silly smile on his face.

My attention was brought up to the colours that were attached with string, being held by Mark.

Balloons.

Mark gave me a side smile and pointed at them, looking in my eyes. "Love is in the air, right?" He said.

I burst out giggling, covering my mouth and scrunching up my eyes. "Oh god, you utter goofball!" I said giddily, standing up and staring at the balloons.

"How much did all those cost?" I said, still smiling wide as I looked down at him. Mark gasped dramatically and put his hand on his heart.

"Jack! I can't believe you would ask that!" He said, making me shake my head but also let out a giggle. "It's the thought that counts, you should know that!"

He chuckled and moved his hand away from his heart, looking up at the balloons. "You like them, don't you?" He asked, with slight worry in his voice.

I smiled wide at him and kissed his cheek quickly, pulling away and glancing up at the balloons. "Of course I like them, no, I love them!" I told him, removing the worries that he had.

We continued to walk along the beach, hand in hand as the balloons swayed in the wind. As we walked along the wooden footpath, our footsteps knocking on the planks, I kept smiling and smiling.

We stopped walking and stood at the edge of the footpath, my hands on the fence. Mark put his arms around my neck, holding onto the balloons tight.

"I love you." He told me softly. "I love you so much." I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as my face went red, my smile growing bigger. "I love you too." I told him, looking out across the water as the sun set, the orange and pink rays spreading across the calm, glistening water.

I wrote this to calm me down since while on this holiday I haven't been in the best of moods because of my dad and I think it worked, hopefully it'll help some of you guys maybe?