In Love With A Criminal Part 1 (Mixture)

Basic Story: Mark Fischbach, one of the guards in a prison, begins to take a certain liking to one of the inmates, but he isn't aware that this one inmate is a bit special.

Warnings: Sad backstory, fluffy love, dirty jokes, a mixture really ^^

[No POV]

Staring at the floor, Sean fiddled with his fingers in the darkness. All the other inmates were asleep, but Sean could never, ever get to sleep. Every time he shut his eyes, he'd see the blood, the horror, the death, the blank eyes of the people 'he'd' killed.

He didn't kill them, he didn't. But the court didn't care or believe what he had to say, that's why he's here, scared to go to sleep in case he sees the nightmarish images run through his head again. Of course a guard would sometimes force him to sleep or search his cell out of suspicion, that he could never avoid.

With Sean's head filled with thoughts, he didn't hear or notice the sounds of footsteps coming down the hall. The footsteps belonged to the guard named Mark Fischbach, a quite new guard who hadn't gotten to know the inmates very well.

To be honest, he was quite scared. It was night and he was on patrol, with a bunch of inmates he knew nothing about. He took in a deep breath and sucked it up, he needed this job, so he was going to do it well. His confidence dropped when he saw one of the inmates awake though.

He nearly walked by it at first, but he backed up and stood by the bars of the cell. "Why are you awake?" Mark asked, trying to sound strong and harsh. Sean snapped out of his thoughts, quickly looking up and staring into Mark's eyes, sending chills down his spine.

Sean chuckled, he knew that this was a new guy, and he could tell that he was intimidated. "Answer my question." Mark asked in a deeper tone. "M'awake because I wanna be awake, that alright with ye?" He replied. Mark folded his arms and puffed out his chest.

"Go to sleep, I don't care if you like it or not." Sean raised an eyebrow at Mark's words, maybe this new guard was more confident that he anticipated. "I can't." He simply replied. "Why the hell not? There's no reason you can give me as an excuse." Mark regretted his tone when Sean decided to stand up, his handcuffed hands holding onto the bars, standing rather close to Mark. (Photo for reference ^)

He rested his head on the bars and looked into Mark's eyes. "I have these nightmares ya see, they stop me from gettin' any sleep. It sounds childish but I don't fuckin' care, do I? Other inmates tease me about it and so do the guards, so go on and fuckin' tease me too, it won't be anythin' I ain't heard before."

The little speech from this inmate surprised him, he didn't expect a full explanation like that. Speaking of the explanation that Sean gave him...how the hell does he reply to that? He had no smart backtalk or mean orders to say, he couldn't think of anything, so he stayed silent for a while.

"Why do you wear handcuffs, you're in your cell and no other inmates have them on..." Mark finally spoke, making Sean raise an eyebrow. "The guards are suspicious of me aren't they? To be honest,  I don't blame em, I stay up all night and hardly sleep, I could be doin' all sorts of things...apparently."

Mark gulped, he didn't realise how stupid it was to ask a question that he should know the answer to. But he was new here, so it was okay, right? "Ah...I guess that does make sense." Mark said with a small nod of his head. "Do you do anything at night? That I should know about?"

Sean let out another small chuckle, moving away from the bar's slightly. "I jack off, if you really wanna know. You could help me." He told him with a smirk. Mark's eyes widened, his cheeks blushing slightly. "That's enough of-" "-I was joking!" Sean interrupted, giggling. Sean wondered if this guard really did think he did that. Getting off was banned in prison anyway, or something like that.

"You'd better watch what you're saying." Mark told Sean with a growl. "Or what?" Sean answered back. "What are ye gonna do to me? Handcuff me for a whole day? Punish me?" Mark's face went red, but it was a mixture of anger and from him blushing. "Stop that right now, or I'll arrange something like that." Mark told him with low confidence.

"Spoil sport." Sean replied. "I was just havin' some fun, it'd be nice if I could joke around with someone, make someone laugh...that's all I want to do." Hearing Sean - an inmate - say this, it affected Mark in a way. He felt his heart beat faster and the stern look on his face disappeared.

"You can do that, just...not with me at least. I can't be making inmates happy like that." Mark told him, his heart aching as he did so, turning his head away from Sean. "Fine then, how bout I just make you happy, aye? I could do that, right?" Sean asked with some desperation in his eyes. "Although, seein' you happy might just make me a happy lad."

Mark looked back at Sean, looking into his big eyes. Some part of him wished it wasn't so dark, so he could see Sean more clearly, so he could see his eyes. "Why would that make you happy?" Mark asked him, trying hard not to stutter. He couldn't calm down, and he wasn't sure why.

"I wanna see ya smile, I'm sure it's a nice smile. Cute even." Sean told him. Sean couldn't keep calm as well, he was spilling all these words out to a fucking prison guard. This could get him in trouble, especially hitting on a guard like this. He couldn't help but find him good-looking, even though it was pretty dark.

"G-Go to sleep, now. It's late and this conversation should not be happening." Mark said, gulping and looking away, placing a foot forward to walk off. Before Sean even thought about the risk of doing this - he reached his hand out of the bar and grabbed Mark's sleeve.

"I'm sorry, I really am." He told him. "I didn't mean to get all...well...like that. I'm just fuckin' lonely and I've never spoken to someone as long as this. Everyone hates me here, except you. I hope..." Mark stood still, frozen and stiff. He should be hitting him with something, ordering him to let go, inmates weren't supposed to do this to guards, but Mark did nothing.

"I...I..." Mark let out a sigh to relax. He wanted to know if this Sean guy was really bad or not. He couldn't be making friends with some god awful murderer, he had to know more first.
"What did you do?"
"What?" Sean asked in confusion.
"What did you do? What crime? How'd you end up here?"
"You wouldn't believe me if I told ya, no one does."
"I don't care, tell me."

Sean let out a sigh too, letting go of Mark's sleeve like a boy would do to his mother's jumper.

"I let him out."

Yayyyy cliffhangers
Hahahah I'm sorry

I hope you enjoyed this, I got the idea from watching Jack play The Escapists again and I started writing right away!

Part 2 will be out soon I hope ^^