Officer Mcloughlin (Part 1) (Angst)

Basic Story: Jack is a well trained cop and one of the best, but another person on the job, Mark, finds out he isn't so good on one particular case.

Warnings: I'm sorry if you cry bc there is bad injuries in this so

I'm going to try a different style of writing for this one so I hope it's okay :3

Also there's some references in this one so I hope you find all 3 of them >:3

[Jack's Pov]

"Officer Mcloughlin!"
I looked upwards from my desk and I was met with another officer stood in front of me. It was Officer Lester. His eyes looked like they had seen something horrifying. Whatever he had seen, it was like it had burned into his vision.
"T-There's a..." He was unable to speak,  and only managed to stutter out words.
"Calm down, and tell me what wrong." I told him, leaning forward in my chair and putting my hands on the desk.
"There's a body, t-that's been found in the abandoned multi-storing car park-"
"-how fresh is the body?"
"Very fresh sir, it's just been found very recently."
I got up from my chair and walked over to the door, getting my jacket off the hanger.
"Tell Crawford I'm on my way, I'm taking someone with me."

I walked down the hallway until I reached the door to Mark's office, knocking on the door. "Hello?" I heard Mark say from inside. I opened the door and walked in, still holding onto the door so it didn't close. "You're coming with me to check out a scene, I've just been told here's a body I need to see."
"With you, sir?"
"Yes, now come on."
I turned round and walked out the door, Mark got out of his chair and walked out soon after me.
"Where is the body?" Mark asked while we walked through the hallways. "It's in the abandoned multi-storing car park, it's not far away." We spoke no more as we walked out of the building and a car was already outside to take us there.

~Wish we could turn back time skip~

We arrived at the place and I got out of the car, looking around my surroundings and up at the grey sky. "Okay, let's go." I said as I walked towards the abandoned building, eventually getting to the steps and making my way up. "Sir." Mark spoke. "Why did you choose me to come with you? I'm not a well trained cop and not very useful." "I chose you because you're a good person to have a conversation with, the other guys are boring." I told him with a smile, looking over at him. His eyes seemed to be widen and he looked shocked from my words, but he looked up to me and met my eyes, smiling back.

"Mcloughlin!" A officer yelled, looking over at us. "You're finally here." I walked over to him, taking his hand and shaking it, looking at the body that was in front of us. "Thanks for waiting, you can leave now." I told him. The officer nodded and waved over to the other people that were surrounding the area. They walked away from the scene together, leaving me and Mark alone.

"Why do you do that?" Mark spoke up, walking to where I was stood.
"Do what?"
"Ask everyone to leave. I've heard other people on the job say that you do it every time."
"It helps me concentrate, I can't stand people watching me while I work on a crime like this."
"Should I go too?"
I knelt down to the body, resting my arm on my knee and leaning down towards it. "No, you're okay to have here. Like I said, you're not like the other guys." I could see Mark from the corner of my eye, he seemed to be fidgety and his face was red. "So Mark, what do you see?" I asked him, getting his attention. He knelt down the same as me, his eyes scanning the body.

The body was of a girl, aged around 20 years old. Her body was covered in blood, and her stomach was nearly fully cut open. "I can see that the killer went for the vital organs, he tried to kill her in an effective way that's for sure." I nodded at Mark's words, smiling slightly. "I sometimes think you should be a detective rather than a cop." I told him with a kind expression, earning a chuckle from him. "I have thought the same thing about you sir." He turned his head and met his eyes with mine again, staring into them. "Please, just call me Jack."

Suddenly my calm expression turned into a face of agony and fear as a sense of pain shot through my right shoulder. Then another through my side. My body began to fall over and I landed on the floor, close to the body. I could see Mark's face, only slightly as my vision began to blur, but he was distraught. He only had a short time to look at me with a face of worry before turning his head to the side, holding up his gun and shooting in that direction.

I must have been shot through my shoulder as well as my side, and now I was bleeding on the floor, my vision going blurry and my head spinning. Mark was still shooting and moving his head quickly, dodging a couple of bullets before him and the shooter stopped. He got him. He dropped his gun and turned to me again, putting a hand under my head and one around my body.

He lifted me up slightly, resting my head on his legs and he was knelt down. "J-Jack! Jack can you hear me?!" His yells were muffled and I couldn't make them out clearly, nor could I reply to him. "You're going to be okay!" He moved his hand from around my body to my shoulder, and his other hand to my side, putting pressure on the wounds.

Tears fell from his cheeks and his glasses were getting covered in water, his teeth clenched together tight. I blinked a few times, before I lost all conscience and I blacked out.

"MCLOUGHLIN!"

I didn't realise how long this was going for so it shall be continued in the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed the first part of it :3