R e w i n d ▪ S t o p

R e w i n d
-------------
S t o p
-------------
July 3, 2014
--------------

Like every other day, I wake up with Sirius over me, licking all over my face, with affection. Sirius is not my boyfriend. He is my pet.

"Easy. Easy." I say and I get up to kiss him right on his nose. He is a pug. The cutest of all kinds. I walk to the basin to brush my teeth and he keeps on pulling the hem of my pajamas, with his teeth, urging me to play with him.

"Yeah, okay." I give up finally. I wash my mouth and I walk with him outside to the garden.

"Catch." I throw the ball and I see him running after it to get it back. You may know why I named him Sirius. I am a hardcore Potter addict. Sirius was a gift from my ex-boyfriend. I don't know why he gifted me a pup when he was not even sure about what he was doing with me. Complicated. Relationships are always like that. Aren't they?

Sirius does not fail to remind me of Jack but sometimes your past ceases to matter. It stops bothering you. Everything becomes plain and just 'not so important'.

I look at Sirius and I feel so happy and loved. I stop feeling the ache of my scars. Not the physical scars but the scars which are deep inside and cannot be healed.

He affectionately runs towards me to jump over me in excitement and starts rubbing his face all over mine.

---------
T o d a y
---------
July 3, 2020
---------

Sirius died today. He had been sick for the past few days. I sought medical help but his senility did not cooperate.

It was a peaceful death. He died in his sleep probably. He made no noise. He slept on the floor, beside my bed, the whole night. I must have been in sound sleep when he entered the room. Maybe, I am the one responsible for his death. I should have made him sleep beside me.

Now, I am really left alone, grieving over the only soul, which loved me. The salts in my tears have exhausted. I am exhausted.

I walk over to my bed after the small funeral (which I had arranged with a few people who knew Sirius, including Jack) and I sit there for a long time.

I stoop down to take off my heels and I see a small ball beside my bed.

It was the same ball, which he loved to play with. He wanted to play, last night.

He came over to the room to play. And I was sleeping.

Guilt hits my heart and my eyes shed tears of anguish.

***********************************************************************

A/N:

Hello readers,
I hope you like this story. Please, vote, comment and share. And tell us your opinion about every single story being posted. It will mean the world to us. Thanks a ton for reading.

And if you are reading this, I really really love you.

xx
pythagoraswasadouche (
03/01 ) 
▪▪