Zesphoralo

Once upon a time in the land of Serydn reigned the mighty king, Zesphoralo. He used to hold his breathe & heartbeat for hours, while resting - so that no extra energy would get wasted for doing such stupid works. According to Zesphoralo, the mighty King, works done by common people was stupid.
Anyone can move, walk, dance, sing, smile, cry, merry-make ; what is the biggest thing about them!

That's why Zesphoralo never walked forward because that was what all do, he walked backward. And also, he never walked on feet, he used his hands for walking.

He, as a child, used to watch how sheep, dogs and other animals eat. And gradually he copied them so. He used to lap up his foods from floor. Yes, as most people uses dishes Zesphoralo felt ashamed to use them. And this lapping floor act also served another purpose. His maids did not have to wipe the floor, they only dusted it with their huge broomsticks once in every ten minutes.

He never slept with his eyes shut. He basically kept his eyes open while sleeping because his enemies might attack him if they find him sleeping.

One day Zesphoralo went to battle. His specially trained horse was ill, so he had a different horse that day. And that new horse knew nothing about Zespharalo's backward guirella formula and that's why instead of going into battlefield the horse galloped away into the woods.

He knew nothing about that woods. And as his horse proceeded further he found himself all alone in the dense forest. And he was scared. As any other people, The mighty Zesphoralo was scared.

As he was walking backward he stumbled upon a rough-barked tree. He got his left foot bruised and he whimpered in pain, like any other man. Well, that was quite against Zesphoralo-rules, but he could not help doing that.

He found a mango tree laden with fruits. He climbed on it, peeled and ate up some mangoes in a common way, unlike Zesphoralo!

He approached a lake. He couldn't lap the water. He filled his Palm with water and drank it, like human beings do.

Finally he was so tired and exhausted he leaned against a tree and fell asleep. And the miraculous thing is Zesphoralo closed his eyes for the first time in thirty years.

***

When the chirping of the birds woke him up next morning, he felt so fresh as never before. He found his horse chewing grass . He found fish swimming, birds flying, monkeys chattering and they all were same. This horse was a stupid one, far worse than his previous ones. But both the horses neigh, gallop, chew both love to have Zesphoralo's hand brushing over their mane . And everything is beautiful.

He heard some people nearby. He followed the sound and found his courtiers and his countrymen. They have searched for him the whole night. Zesphoralo never knew the people loved him that much! The people whom Zesphoralo had his spiteful stare upon.

He never wanted to become such ordinary fellow. But today he realized how much these little things worth. He realized the might is all , the little dots add up to.

Finally a very tiny teardrop trickled down his eyes. Happy tears? Shit! Zesphoralo is absolutely a strange fellow...isn't he?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I had written "Adventures of Zesphoralo" for my school magazine when I was nine. This Zesphoralo is a short story based on that childhood series. It is re-written, with my growing experience embossed in a children's fantasy. 

Hope you like it. Thank you! ~Love~Kritey 

(06/02)

♡♡♡♡♡♡