• c o m a •

author's note : totally fictional and original. before you start reading it, i would like you to know a few things :

1. lowercase intended. :P

2. glasgow coma scale is a scale used to grade the coma of a patient based on three advertent reactions : eyes (e), verbal or speech (v) and motor or movement (m).
The highest gcs score is 15 which means the person is fully oriented to time, place and person.

Lowest being 3 which means the person is either in deep coma or dead.

I hope you enjoy the story. :)

~ pythagoraswasadouche (24/01)
••

*************************************************************

Day 1 :

Glasgow coma scale score : 15

"How do you feel?," he asked.

"Out of breath," she said.

"You will be fine. Trust me," John said.

She smiled at that. Gregory was smart. She knew. She knew that she won't be fine.

"Sam called. He said he will come to meet you tonight."

Gregory smiled again.

"I am sorry," she said.

"For?," John asked, perplexed.

"The bills," she said.

"It is nothing. I just want you out of here. We will buy that house later. And the place where we stay now is not that bad anyway," John said, smiling half-heartedly.

"You said you hate it, John," she said.

"I love you more than I hate it."

Day 9:

Glasgow come scale score : 12 e4 v4 m4

"Can you hear me?," John asked.

"Yes," she said abruptly.

"I love you. Remember that. I l o v e you," He said, kissing her little finger. "Sam apologized for being a little busy. He said he will send the money. You don't worry. Everything will be fine."

Gregory smiled a little.

Day 15 :

Glasgow coma scale : 7 e3 v2 m2

"Gregory," John called out her name to wake her up from her deep sleep.

"Sam did not send the money. He said he will come to see you tonight and he said he will pay the bills," John said with a fake smile on his face.

Gregory made an incomprehensible sound.

"I l o v e you. We will live through this. Okay?," John said.

Gregory made another sound.

Day 20 :

Glasgow coma scale : 3 e1 v1 m1

Gregory laid there still with John beside the bed. He was holding her hand knowing that nothing is going to be fine. He knew it from the very start. He let a tear fall on her hand and said," I l o v e you."

"Sam never called, Gregory."

He said and he looked at her electrocardiogram bouncing up and down indicating that she is alive. But only in pure deep sleep from which one cannot be awaken.

"I wish you could come back to this world. I wish you come back to me."

He touched her wrist and felt her pulse for assurance. Alive.

"I know you find the world you are in, peaceful. But I m i s s you."

John looked at her eyes eagerly to see a movement. But none.

"Are you living in our new house in that dreamworld of yours?"

No response.

"It will be f i n e," John said, out of habit.

Gregory smiled a little. John's heart fluttered.

••