BLANK

It was one hour and fifteen minutes past the bell, but still, there I was.....BLANK.

And that paper which rested on the bench was also blank. Not a single word yet!!

The question paper was staring at me, those black words on white paper requesting me to write something. This was my Final Year exams.

Those final year exams, where everybody is fighting and racing to have one step ahead of each other. The exam, where every single mark brought you a new opportunity and every smallest mistake meant you'd fall, in a very deep pit.

Yet, there I was, staring at those words in front of me. Staring at my friends who were busy filling up pages and pages.

But, for what?

Why was I sitting there? What did I have to do with this place? Why am I not writing?

Such questions looped in my mind, and yet, I was BLANK.

I absolutely had no reason why these questions bothered me more than those on the question paper. It wasn't that I didn't know the answers to the question paper, but I just couldn't pen them down. Something resisted me.

Some thoughts that I was too unaware of. Some questions that I could never answer.

Thoughts about my parents, their expectations, their words. The thoughts about my friends, the moments of this four years spent with them.

The questions like why wasn't he talking to me, or, why had I started talking with her so much. The questions like what might have gone wrong, and how can I change those mistakes of mine.

The questions never ended, and each brought a new one with it, one more hurting than the previous one.

But, was this the right time to think about this things? Of course not!!

My head started paining, hands started sweating, and my eyes constantly rolled from one corner to other. In search of answers. But more importantly, in search of ME!

ME, that I had lost somewhere outside this room.

"Last ten minutes....," announced the invigilator.

My paper still had nothing written on it. And suddenly, all the things around me started to hurry up. The questions, the thoughts, my mind, the time, all seemed to be running. And with every passing second, they were getting faster and faster.

I didn't understand what to do. I just leaned back on my chair, folded my hands, and closed my eyes.

My eyes instantly got wet when I heard the ring. I didn't have any guts to open my eyes, to face my friends again, to face this situation, that I have failed in my Final exams.

But still, with the hardest of attempt, I open my eyes. And as soon as I open them.............

I could see 7:00 am blinking on my phone screen, the alarm blaring in the background.

And then the next second, it too got BLANK.

***

(01/02)

This story is written by a guest writer
VishalDave1

If you liked it, give a like to our guest.

***

So readers, if you got any stories you want to share, we will always be open to offer you a platform.