In a Galaxy Far, Far, Away.....

The energy bolt from the UltraZ was unerring in its accuracy as it hit the Mokrian straight in the heart. The heart of all the people of the Mokrian species was roughly in the place where humans had their stomach and it was well portected. But it just did not matter. The Mokrian with his gray skin and broad forehead and six and half feet height did not even have a chance to blink. The sheer unexpectedness of the shot stopped the Mokrian as he collapsed on the ground immediately.

Omkar Navate who had fired the shot, did not even notice the fallen Mokrian as he swept his UltraZ in another arc around him, checking for the others, as he was moving forward.

For a human, Omkar Navate was very tall, he was almost the height of the Mokrian that he had just shot and his intense dark eyes were looking around the dense forest for any sudden movement, near the fallen Mokrian. The reason for the double check by Omkar, was very obvious. Mokrians, worked brilliantly in teams and though Omkar was 90% sure this Mokrian was alone, Omkar just wanted to be sure.

And Omkar was running behind the first tree for cover, as he reloaded his gun. The UltraZ in his hand thrummed gently as Omkar hid behind the tree and surveyed the place for immediate threats. He found nothing as he looked at the gun, trying to find the reason for the thrumming. Omkar stifled a sigh as he realized that the energy level of the weapon was very low. At best he could make only five more shots.

Omkar studied the weapon of the Mokrian, whom he had just shot and wondered whether he could sneak up and take the weapon. Omkar dismissed the idea almost immediately. Omkar himself had used the trick plenty of times. To use the weapon of a fallen soldier as bait for gunning the next one. Sighing, Omkar looked around as he wondered how many of them were there. Omkar himself had taken out the two Arkhorans. His computer reported that two Jiporans were out and now the Mokrian was out.

Carefully Omkar tapped on the ear-piece still looking around.

"Computer, people in vicinity?" Omkar whispered, trying to make sure he did not make much noise.

"Four." The computer said immediately.

Omkar nodded realizing that the count included him too. That meant someone had taken out the other Mokrian - Ovarn Thar.

And Omkar peered and saw ahead from behind the tree to check the route to be taken from here, because those details would not be available in the computer.

And that was when Omkar saw what lay before him.

"You have got to be kidding me." Omkar muttered almost aghast as he saw what was ahead.

"Request incapable of being deciphered." The computer intoned in an emotionless voice.

"SHUT UP." Omkar fumed as he angrily switched off his ear piece, as he wondered when these damned geeks were going to make machines which actually said something useful.

Omkar saw again, just to confirm himself and realized that it was indeed underground geysers stretch. And to people who had never seen one it was really horrible place to be in. The ground of the underground geyser stretch was smoking almost everywhere and could explode anytime because of the geysers from underground and for a brief second Omkar thought that he saw the ground moving. Cursing angrily, Omkar looked around and wondered whether there was any other way to the other side.

Feeling sorry for himself, Omkar realized that twenty minutes back, he had himself blown up the bridge. And that left this as the only way forward. Cursing himself again, Omkar saw the stretch which was a kilometer wide. After that there were two huge boulders, which hopefully marked the end of the geyser stretch.

Omkar wondered whether anyone was going to set up an ambush here and nearly shuddered as he hoped that no one was stupid enough to do that. The ground of the underground geyser stretch was unstable and the slightest touch could set it off and could even cause a mild earthquake.