The Year For Change

"Lena! You need to lose ten pounds!"

"Lena- please eat healthier. Have some salad!"

"Lose your baby fat, girl!"

"Go to the gym!"

These thoughts were swirling around my head as I self consciously sat down at the school cafeteria.

I started picking at the green leaf salad, not intrigued by its putrid smell and bright colors.

A tray plopped down beside me and I crane my neck up.

"Hi I'm Angelie and I'm new!," A blonde girl says in a cheery voice.

"Uhm-"

"No one is sitting here?," She asks incredulously- eyes the empty seats near me.

"No," I respond quietly.

"That's weird, you seem really nice!," She says applying a layer of lip gloss.

"But I can sit here right?," She asks.

"If you want to be seen with me," I snort.

"What do you mean?" What, was she stupid? Couldn't she see well enough that I was almost 200 pounds?

"Look. At. Me."

She looks confused then says with another perky smile,"You know- you could use a bit of concealer under your eyes."

She was so direct. Yet so plain stupid.

"I'm the fat girl," I tell her. Outright and direct,"do you really want to sit here?

"Of course silly!" She says not looking phased at all, "And you know- 2016 is a year for change!"

What the hell was she talking about?

"Everyone is talking about it, this year is the time for new beginnings and changes!" She rambles on, unaware of thoughts inside my head,"people set resolutions and try to stick with them!"

Year for change, huh?

Could I change my current health?

Would I have enough motivation to change my life style?

The more I think. The more I'm on board. The more I want to change this year.

"Thanks Angelie," I say with a smile.

She returns the smile by handing me some concealer. And pointing to the bathroom.

Determined to change the way I led my life, I head towards the bathroom with the concealer in my hand. From then my life changed and I led a happy life irrespective of my appearance.

❤️

I hope you enjoyed reading my first story in this book! I'm really excited to continue writing this whole year in this book! Please let me know what you thought of my writing and bye!!

iowareadsandwrites (16/01)