LOVE AT SECOND THOUGHT

"My heart remains a bird,
Trapped in your cage.

My Love for you,
Like poem on a page.

Accept this rose,
My sweet little dove.

Say it to me,
Will you be my love?"

"haha........."

I can't believe this. Here I am, down on my knees, holding a rose in my hand, and she's laughing?

"What's so funny?"

Her laughter suppressed a bit, making way for a broad smile.

"Nothing, it's just, I remembered the last time you'd said this lines....."

Saying this, she again burst into fits of laughs.

I remember that day very well. I mean seriously, how could I forget? It was the same scenario. Me, down on the knees, holding a rose, and reciting those exact same lines. And, what did she do then? She just.....

"Yes, and you ran away....."

Her smile changed a bit. From that funny one, to something kind of amazed.

"Who, me??"

What? Did she really doesn't remember anything? But then why is laughing? Ofcourse, she remembers....

"Stop teasing girl. I'm already proposing for the second time to you. I won't do it again, seriously."

Again a big laugh. What's with her today? This is really becoming embarrassing for me now. If you want to deny, just say so.

"I hate to tell you this, but you actually have never proposed me before. This is the first time with me."

This is the first time with her? What does she mean? It was just last year, how can she forget? Unless.......

"No, please tell me this is false. Oh please, just lie to me. So, it was....her??"

She nodded, that big smile still not leaving her face. Her lips were shut tightly, holding that chuckle in her belly.

No, this will not be forgotten. They played a prank on me? On the great Rahul Desai?

I will make them pay. Do hell with the proposal, I'm giving her the same treatment I got last year.

Her smile slowly recedes as I stand up. Without saying a word, I take her hand in mine, give her the rose, and walk away. Without even a glance back, I keep walking.

Away from her..........

***

So what happened there? Did you get?

This is actually the prologue of a new story I've started by the same name. If you like those romantic comedies, you can always check it out in my profile.

cchinu (14/02)