(HOLI) day

"Can't these brats just shut up!," Ragini shouted holding her hands over her ears.

"Come on Ragi, its 'HOLI' today. How can they celebrate it without noise?," Sahil said as he hugged her from behind.

Oh yeah! The festival of colors. She thought. What joy do they get having colored by others?

In the deepest bottom of her heart though, Ragini knew how much joy it was to celebrate this festival. But that day, that guy, had ruined it all. That memory still fresh in her mind.

It was three years ago, on the same day of Holi. Ragini was at a farmhouse with her friends, celebrating. She had her hands full of colors running wild to color the cheeks of her friends. Both, boys and girls.

That's when he came, a friend from school, his hands full of pink. 'That's cute', Ragini thought. She thrust her right cheek forward and closed her eyes to avoid the color from going in.

Ragini slowly felt the boy's hand touch her cheek, tracing circles on it. She was enjoying every bit of it. After all, this was her favorite festival to hang out with friends, and even make new ones.

But then slowly, that hand started to venture downward. On her neck first, before it slid inside her t-shirt. Ragini's eyes opened in a snap. Without thinking, her hand took motion, and.....

Slap!!

Ragini was snapped out of her thoughts by a light slap on her cheek. It was Sahil.

"......are you even listening? I've been talking to you for ages now."

Ragini had no answer to that. She just smiled and wrapped her hands around Sahil's collar. Only she knew what was hidden behind that smile.

All people knew of Ragini today, was 'A girl who hates holi.' No one knows about that incident, and no one ever will. It is only her burden to bear. 

***

I read such news every year of abuse to women on this special day. 

But please guys, there is a method to every madness, and that's how it should remain. 

If you celebrate this festival, or any other resembling this, then do it in a way that you don't hurt someone else's feelings. 

You will forget it the next day, but it may become their burden to bear for the rest of their lives. 

#respectwomen 

***

cchinu (28/02)