c a n c e r • p e r k

As I am sitting here on my bed beside the window, I watch the other kids of my age playing in the playground. I watch them playing with their toys, swinging on the swing sets and sliding through the slides. They have plenty of time to think about dying.

"Where are the reports?" A faint voice of one of the doctors reach my ears.

I smirk at the comment. What are they even thinking? I know I am going to die. Why do they need reports? To confirm the time of my death? Is it possible to deduce that? They deduce the severity of my pain though.

Funny. Doctors are weird. They just don't give up even though the patient has given up long ago.

"Get me the reports right now. We will get her biophysical profile once again and check her vitals," the faint voice now comes closer, as the doctor opens the door to my ward.

"Hello Amy," he says.

"Hello," I say, still looking out the window.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

"Terrible?" I smile.

He sighs and says nothing. Or maybe he did and I did not choose to hear because I hear the closing of the door very soon.

I keep on looking at the kids, as my lungs start to give up on me. I start to feel dyspnoeic. The nurse rushes forward and places a mask over my mouth and the nose and calls for the doctor. Though she is quite close to me, her voice sounds far away from me.

I hear the opening and closing of the door and everything goes dark.

••••
Later...

I open my eyes halfway and I see my sobbing parents in front of me and a kid beside them, holding a red balloon in his hand. He was the same kid who refused to share his toys with me when I went to play in the playroom a few months ago.

"This is for you." He says handing the balloon in my hand pierced and scarred with the cannula.

"Thank you." I say.

A cancer perk. I say to myself.

••
HEY GUYS!!!
I am so sorry I couldn't update the last two tuesdays. I just wanted to make it up for you. I hope you like this story. Please comment your opinion and do not forget to vote.

Your comments mean a lot to me. Xoxo :D

And check out my personal account if you want to read more of my stories. Plus thanks a lot for 2k+ reads on this book. You guys are amazing. ♡♡

Love you all. ♡

~ pythagoraswasadouche (09/02)

xx
••