Blinded Blindfold

Lottie hates blindfolds.

So many years had passed on but Lottie still feels guilty.

She feels guilty because blindfolded games used to be her favourite. And if she did not insist him to play Find Me Blindfolded that day, Rob would probably have been alive now.

Rob, the idiot who thought he'll be the Boy Alice. He was that idiot who mistook the quicksand as rabbit's burrow.

Skipping their school Rob & Lottie went into the woods - The Forbidden Woods!

Lottie had warned him to not go too far. But Rob was more afraid of getting caught by Lottie than losing his life. Or maybe he had no idea that, that was the last game he was going to play.

"Hide and clap!," Lottie screamed and called for the first clap. A swift clapping sound flashed through her ears followed by a jovial giggle of Rob. Lottie knew she would get hold of him very soon. She was so confident.

"You never can find me! I'm becoming 'The Rob in Wonderland' ," his voice squealed with merriment.

Lottie thought it was another lame joke of Rob. And opt for the third & final clap. But instead of the clap she heard the scared shriek of Rob. By the time Lottie reached there Rob already sank into the 'horrible' land.

Nobody knew where they both went. Nobody knew what happened to Rob. Only when Rob's mother was weeping so hard in front of police uncles,  Lottie couldn't contain her anymore. She fell unconscious. Everybody thought the unconsciousness came from the shock of losing her best friend. Well, it was true.

But, Lottie was dying inside because she witnessed the painful death of Rob in front of her eyes. She heard his last scream echoing from beneath the liquid soil.

Lottie never touched blindfolds again.

She does not hates them. She dreads!

__________________________________________

A/N :

(27/02) 

Short update! I'm sorry because maybe the above one-shot has been a little disappointing. I was really running out of any good ideas, when this story struck me! See y'all next Thursday. Hopefully the story will be better next time. :')

Thank you for bearing with me!
~ Kritey ~