The Witch

"Mark, I told you not to do that!," the agonizing voice of the elegant lady came out as a mere whisper, as grief was evident in her eyes.

Mark's eyes held a satisfactory look and his thin lips graced a small smile, as his body slumped down, writhing in pain. He hushed, "I would do anything for you my lady."

The evil witches' victorious laugh echoed throughout the dampen woods, on a full moon day, as she menacingly stood in front of Mark, covered in her black hooded robes. Her dark red eyes glowed in the devilish night, as she sucked the positive energy from Mark's body. The fluorescent blue glow around her long, slender finger with sharp nails indicated the transfer of powers.

She relished the vitalizing aura of Mark and moaned in contempt as she felt the powerful energy surge up her veins. Zara stood there weeping and pleading to release him.

The witch sneered, "Ha., He should have thought about it when he made the deal with me."

Mark's eyes were fixed on Zara. Zara's life was more important to him than his powers. Saving her from the cruel clutches of the witch was his main priority. Last time when he had offered his powers to save her from a dangerous pixie, she had warned him never to repeat it.

The last time when it happened, he was able to re-energize within few hours. But, this time the whole scenario was different. The witch was more powerful than the pixie. She was draining him of all the powers, leaving a scanty chance of survival. The only thing that held him from giving up was Zara – her precious pearl eyes and her pure loving heart.

The witch's face glowed in the dark night. She evoked the blinding lightening and deafening thunders. She vanished in thin air, not before gracing them with her sinister laughter, her eyes sparkling with a sinful glint.

Zara rushed towards Mark and held him tight. Mark's handsome face had completely paled and his breathing was short and deep. Her fingers trembled and her eyes teared up, as she traced his beautiful face while he had a faint smile.

With no other option left, she rested his head on her lap and placed her palms over his heart. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and chanted the spell that was forbidden for her to use. The moment the spell was recited, a bright golden light surrounded them and within few minutes Mark was back to life his powers gaining a new level.

Zara panted and glaring at Mark, warned him, "Mark, neverrr.... dooo that aggainnn!"

***************

(05/06)

Kyra92