The Girl In The Mirror

She was lying on her stomach, her hands folded under her head to form a natural pillow. She was trying to get some sleep, or at least, some rest. However, she felt restless, and sleep was out of question. The bed was soft and comfortable, yet she ached for something more.

The large bed felt empty, without the desired one beside her. Heaving out a heavy sigh, she closed her eyes, waiting for the sleep fairy to embrace her.

She, herself didn't know how long she'd stayed in her position, before she felt a presence nearby. It was the perfume, that made her aware that she had a company. Inhaling deep, she took in the scent and a small smile played on her lips.

The masculine aura filled her room, and her heart thumped rapidly in its hood. Pretending to be asleep didn't work, however, she didn't move from her posture. The bed next to her shifted. He was near her, so close that she could actually touch him. Still she wouldn't budge.

His tall frame lined up next to her, and a little chuckle escaped his lips. "You don't have to pretend, Nithi. I know you very well," his musical voice came out as a whisper.

Blushing profusely, she lifted her head and looked at him. His close proximity sent shivers up her spine, raising goosebumps along the way.

"After all, I'm your bestfriend," he added softly.

"Is that all? A best friend?," she asked, connecting their brown eyes.

A deep laughter erupted from his chest, that made her weak as a whole.

"Don't do that," She playfully punched him on his shoulder, eyeing him all the while.

"Do what?," he asked huskily, that tickled her senses. She blushed at that instant and looked away to hide it from him. Her heart raced to the next moment, for the thrill of it gave her more expectations.

"Daze me." She wouldn't meet his eyes, which eagerly waited for her, like a hawk's. She sat there showing her cheeks to him, fiddling with her hands to cover up the nervousness.

"Am I?" His breath fanned over her cheeks, and neck, burning them. Leaning in, he brushed his thin lips on her skin. She shuddered from the slightest of the touch, the emotions it had inflicted in her.

A finger was all it took to turn her face towards him. With the active hormones that jumped in her veins, pushing to give herself to him, she closed her eyes, before her sight could hit on his perfectly carved face.

Without another jive, he pressed his lips on her's. Overwhelmed with the passionate kiss, a moan escaped her lips. Pure happiness invaded her. She wanted the moment to last forever, but soon, he broke the delicate kiss, leaning away from her.

Her eyes shot open, as the emptiness around her sank in. He faded away into the thin air, his smile drifting into nothingness.

"Wait!," she cried, but he was gone.

"Wait!," she sat up on the bed. The evening greeted her, the sun on the verge of sinking into the horizon.

A dream. She shook her head, smiling to herself. Again.

The mirror in her dressing table reflected her image, but the girl in the mirror did had a difference, she couldn't pinpoint. She walked to the mirror, braiding her disheveled hair. The girl in the mirror laughed, and her curiosity piqued.

"What are you laughing at?," Nithi asked the girl, scrunching her eyebrows, standing in a serious stature.

"You're dreaming about the one who could never be yours." The girl cracked up.

She was taken aback by the direct words thrown at her face. Soon, she composed herself. She's right. He can never be mine, for he's taken. Then why would I dream about him? And the kiss...

"Ask yourself in the mirror," the girl said, reading Nithi's mind. Of course, she wasn't reading her mind, because she was actually Nithi.

"He's not ruining my life or something," she reasoned to the mirror, to her reflection.

"Are you sure?," the girl asked.

Nithi stuttered a little, but tried to think that through. The girl in the mirror smiled with a satisfaction.

ٿ