Life is not a fairytale

A fresh day had begun with the beautiful sunrays painting the whole city, with its bright colours. Taking in a deep breath, she got out of her bed and went in to have her bath. She got ready for her office in her white and blue salwar. She descended down the stairs, inhaling the fresh aroma of her favorite coffee and the delicious morning dishes. After having a quick meal, she hugged her mom, bidding her a sweet goodbye and left with her dad. Little did she know it was her last goodbye.

She stopped by the small temple at the corner of the street, and prayed for her family's health, which was her usual routine. She had a bright smile that lightened up the mood of the grim people too. Her dad dropped her off at the railway station, at the regular time. She kissed him bye and trotted inside, waiting for her train at the platform with a bright smile. Little did she know of the danger, that was about to wipe off the smile from her face, forever.

It was a very busy day and people were scurrying not to miss their trains. Loud whistles of the train; rattling noises of the luggage trolleys; loud voices of the ladies bargaining at the stalls were heard and people were squeezing themselves to fit in the already crowded trains.

Her beautiful honey brown eyes observed the hustle bustle of the station. Her eyes halted at the familiar figure and her smile dropped in an instant. He was the last person she wished to see. For almost 6 months, he had been following her and proposing her. Even after clearly rejecting him, he had been a constant pain in the ass. A determined and aspiring soul like her, was never interested in love.

Her forehead held many frown lines and her eyes were fuming, irritation clear in her face. He neared her and in an blink of an eye, the most unexpected thing happened. He took out a pocket knife from his bag, slit her throat deep and ran off from the spot. She laid down in a puddle of blood, seeking for help. Her eyes pleaded her fellow co-passengers to take her to a nearby hospital but everyone turned a blind eye.

She clutched her throat tight to stop the oozing blood, but all in vain. Neither did the oozing bright red stop, nor did the bustling people. She was left unattended till her soul left her body. The lifeless body of a once charming girl, now laid on the platforms of the stations covered in blood, with the people running around to attend their daily chores.

The only mistake she ever did, to die at this young age, was to reject his love.

************************

By - Kyra92

(17/05)

NOTE : THIS IS WRITTEN BASED ON A TRUE LIFE INCIDENT.

IT IS NOT MEANT TO HURT ANYONE. THE INCIDENT HAD AFFECTED ME SO MUCH AND I DECIDED TO WRITE THIS.