Shackles

"Why do you want to do this?" she cried, curled in a corner, shaking in fear. "Please..." she whimpered.

"Now get up and come to me." His arrogance was evident in his tone.

Pressing her palms together, she prayed him to let her go, her tears staining her cheeks. Burning like a red chillies, her nose irritated as more drops were formed from her almond dark eyes.

Pushing himself up from the bed where he was resting a second ago, he marched to her, his heavy footsteps thudded in synchrony to her heart beat. She cringed, hugging herself forming a small human ball.

Upon reaching her, he gave a blow on her head and managed to get her on her feet by pulled her dark long hair. She quaked profusely. "Can't you oblige to your husband's words for once? Can't you just come to me yourself?" he asked through his gritted teeth.

She trembled, "I don't want to..."

Receiving a hard slap on her cheeks, she fell to the floor before she could finish what she wanted to say.

"You don't want me?" Again he pulled her up by her hair. She didn't want this. She never wanted this.

Soon after their marriage, she realised her husband had no love for her, like she used to think before. And she couldn't give herself to him when he tortured her on daily basis, both physically and emotionally. There was nothing intimate in what he was doing to her.

She became his slave the moment the eleven inch holy thread decorated her neck. That thread even made her parents, a servant to him. They did all the work he asked them to, thinking he had been taking good care of their daughter. Only if they knew...

She couldn't tell them as it would shatter them to pieces. She couldn't escape his torture, as she was never allowed to step out of the door, both in her parent's and husband's house.

The outside world was alien to her and when once he caught her trying to escape, he laughed and said, "If you go out of here, I guarantee you'll go into prostitution and trust me, you won't make a good deal out of it."

Her body shuddered thinking of his comments and never tried to escape again.

Marking his ten fingers on her cheeks, he ripped her clothes which were already torn at places. She didn't feel shy or any kind of emotions for that matter. Once he was done and gone, she cried herself to sleep.

Something told her that night, it was not worth it. She wasn't born to be tortured by someone who called himself her husband. And an eleven inch thread definitely wasn't going to hold her future. That night she escaped her fate.

***

AtheScrivener