FIRST ATTEMPT

A 22year old, thin and handsome boy, sat outside the closed doors of the room, nervously rubbing his palms. His dark brown orbs that were hid behind the rimless glasses, were continuously looking at his watch and the people who were going in and out of the room.

Each time the door opened, his heart would beat rapidly, hearing the loud moans and cries. He cursed the people who made him come here and silently sent prayers to save him. But he knew one day or the other he would have to do this and he had to learn it as soon as possible.

"Jack!" The loud voice of the attendant boomed from inside the door.

Adjusting his glasses and running his sweaty palms on his pants, he opened the door and went in. He saw a young lady wearing a red saree, waiting for him.

He kept chanting 'okay okay, calm down. It's not a big deal. You can do it. Relax' as his legs trembled a bit.

Mustering up his courage, he put on the protections and started his work. He hid his nervousness, not showing out that this was his first attempt.

He struggled with her though he remembered all the points he had read. He squinted his eyes focusing and little beads of sweat formed on his forehead. Inspire of the air cooled temperature, his clothes were wet because of the sweat.

He applied more pressure and wriggled his hands left and right. His fingers ached due to the pressure. She let out a loud moan as it came out with one powerful thrust, providing relief.

"Yaayy!" Exclaimed the dental student in joy, after the patient left, as he had successfully extracted the tooth in his first attempt.

**************