DESTINY OR UNIVERSE'S MAGIC?

On an usual day, the dear soul found herself a little more than just lost. Tossing and turning on her bed, trying to figure out which part of the last few days had damaged her so much. 

She knew the answer was simple.

Jason. 

Jason and she had happened to become the best of friends in the past two years. They spent hours talking and texting and chatting. Anything that happened during the day, her first reaction would be, "I can't wait to talk to Jason about it," and so she did. He was always on her mind. He supported her throughout. When she managed to finish writing her book, he was the only one proud of her. She felt important around him. When she dressed for an event, and tried to look good, he told her she looked the very best. 

The girl was falling head over heels for her best friend, but to Jason, she was just her best friend.
So when two days ago, she found out about him getting into a relationship with another girl, she fell out of a reaction. Of course it had been on her mind ever since, but then she knew she had always been just the best friend.

She didn't know how to react to him falling head over heels for another girl.

"Where have you been?" Jason demanded when he called up.

"Hiding from you," she murmured.

"What?"

"Umm nothing, I just decided to hibernate for a few days," she tried to cover up her blunder.

"All okay?"

"Yea,"

"Cool, I'll see you in the evening,"

"Some other day?" She tried to avoid any meeting, she didn't have enough clarity as yet.

An entire week passed by and she continued to hide in her room. Ice cream. Chocolates. Cakes. Muffins. Milkshakes. All of it were her entire meals.

"Why am I this upset?"

"Why is it bothering me so much when I knew he never liked me?"

"Where do I go now?"

"Do I distance myself?"

The questions filled her mind while she cried her eyes out.

"What am I to do?"

"Why is my life filled with high school drama?"

"I want answers."

"Why am I never the right girl?"

"Am I not pretty enough? I am fat? Is it because I don't wear make up? Is it because I am always in lose t-shirts and shorts? Because I don't randomly through attitude?"

All of it was bothering her. Two months, three weeks and two days later she went to college.

Got her education, became a lawyer. She moved to the UK, got her masters in Corporate Law. She got the job of her dreams. She started working with the legal department of a multinational companies. After taking a job transfer to India, she settled back home. At twenty six she got married, she has a teenage daughter now.

***

"Maa, who is she? How do you know so much about her?" her daughter asked.

"Dia, she's your Maa," her husband walked in with two cups of coffee, and handed one to her.

"Then what happened to Jason?"

"He is your father, darling." she answered.

Some stories are just meant to be, some stories aren't. Forever isn't meant for everybody, but for some, it is. A little faith can never go wrong.

***

chasing_uncertainty

(13/05)