Celebrate...With The World

Some people you come across in life are plain weird, there's no other word to define them. But sometimes, these plain weird people know and teach you some things which change your opinion on life.
---------------------------

"What are you clicking?" I asked my photographer friend who was staring at a muddy lake with her camera in hand.

The lake had been polluted by the various works or as I like to put it, the carelessness and shamelessness of humans. There was nothing worth watching in the lake, as far as I could see.

She turned to me with a smile on her face - turned back, lifted her camera and clicked something. After looking at the image with a smile, she held the camera in front of me.

What I saw made my eyes widen in surprise. I took a double check at the image and then back at the lake. The image she had captured was of one of the most beautiful lotuses I had ever seen.

She just smiled at my surprise and asked me to follow her. After a while of walking, we saw a bush. It wasn't the normal healthy and beautiful bush but, a dried one. The leaves had started withering and it was on the verge of dying. That site took me by surprise, again.

Just like before, she lifted her camera, looked into it for a few seconds and clicked another picture. She may have seen the confused look on my face because the next thing she did was held the camera right in front of me, again. This image didn't amuse me much. It was a picture of a dried rose which sat on the branch.

"Why did you click a dried rose? It's a useless piece of trash." Wasn't it?

"No, it is not. Think about it. Unless the rose dries, it cannot be used for making fragrant face masks and body washes."

She was right about that. Dried roses were even used for making rose tea, I had heard.

We continued walking. At a distance of few meters, there was a barren land, our next spot. After adjusting her camera, she clicked a picture of the same.

That image was surprising as well as confusing. Even in the barren land, she said she had found something worth clicking, a small anthill.

"Even though humans aren't getting anything out of this, at least the ants have a home to stay." She put forth her point.

I couldn't suppress the urge to ask her what it was all about. The reply she gave was something we all need to know.

"Stop looking at what's wrong with everything and start celebrating what's right with the world. Every bad, negative thing has something worth celebrating." She was right, again.

Every picture she clicked had some underlining beauty in it which we had all missed because of the negativity we saw first.

"Who's your mentor, Mam?"

"Dewitt Jones, photographer, National Geographic."

⭐⭐⭐

Entry of our Contest 01 Winner AnAspiringSoul
Such a talented author. Go check out her works guys. Like her name, she is an aspiring soul.

(16/04)