A Special Day

What the heck is he doing?! I'm waiting for over two hours now and it's February 29, our freaking first anniversary after four years. Ugh-uh this isn't going to work. I'm bloody mad at him to forgive him today. Let him come... I'm going to finish this once and for all. God dammit! She was literally fuming smokes out through her nose and ears, like that of a dragon waiting to incinerate her victim.

Time ticked away!

Apparently, on watching the wrist watch once in every few seconds, she was really close to loosing it. Was pretty near to make the hardest decision.

She loved him, more than she loved any others in her long life. She wanted to cherish her life with him and so she wanted her anniversary to be special. Yet he hadn't showed up for more than two bloody hours.

She felt hurt, like something had gone amiss. It felt like he had distanced himself from her for the past few weeks and she thought, she'd make everything right on the anniversary.

Only if he showed up... Maybe it's over after all. Her mind warned and she had yielded to it.

As expected, the eyes and nose flared up, not to shed the qualified salty drops, but to exhibit the building up fury, as a result of his betrayal.

Standing on the bridge, facing the serene beauty of the river that ran quietly, as if concealing the corrode nature within, she burrowed her anger.

I won't shed a single drop. He can't make me.

"Hi," his strained voice rang in her ears.

Suddenly, her heart fluttered just by the intensity of the voice, but an agonised voice? She was perplexed, yet she couldn't get herself to face him, not yet.

"I am sorry I couldn't make it in time..." He trailed off, he can never make it, She thought grudgingly, yet something stirred inside her heart, like a spoon stirred the soup. She knew she was not delicate as the soup though.

"We gotta end this. I can't take it anymore." He said abruptly, probably to get some response from her, in no avail.

He hesitated for a moment.

"Would you please look at me?" he asked, in vain.

He touched her shoulders expecting at least a flinch? But no, he was disappointed.

He himself forced her to turn towards him, but her eyes were closed. She didn't want to see him, she can't.

His hands were gone from her arms and she thought,, maybe he had left her then and there, for good.

His strained voice came from beneath her, "I need to end this and take us to whole new level. Will you marry me?" he asked and her eyes shot open.

Looking down at him, her eyes rounded and tears welled up, streaming down lavishly, not because of the proposal he made but the dressing he had over his fresh wounds.

"Oh my God! What the hell happened!?" She knelt beside him, her anger vanished into thin air.

"I want to make this day special, as it is already a special day. I planned on this," he showed the ring, "for long and to tease you I pretended as though I lost interest in you. I know you are angry. I know you'll explode one day or other.... But I liked playing with you. After all, whom else I could play with. I only have you." He talked without breathing.

"And I met with an accident couple of hours ago and couldn't let you stand alone. So I eloped from the hospital," he snickered.

She felt ashamed, for thinking bad about the love of her life. She mentally banged herself, repeatedly, for doubting him, yet the tear drops never ceased. He worth every drop of it!

"So will you?" He showed up the ring.

Deciding never to misunderstand him another time, she smiled in-between the sobs, a wonderful feeling that swelled her heart, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"
____________________

A/N Akiprabagar (18/02)

Hope you enjoyed the story!

Aki ~ ♥