The State Of Love

"So this is why when two chemical compounds are put together, they will explode but make something cool."

Yeah or they'll just make me bored out of my head in chem class. I finally have figured out why I took this class: my crush Josh, took it as well and he's smitten with me currently, but I'm hoping he asks me to homecoming since he's on the football team and I'm on the co-ed dance team. But we shall see what happens.

"Hey bestie."

When you hear that, you know that's my best friend and co-captain of the team, Tessa. She knows Josh is smitten with me, and is trying to get me to just ask him to homecoming.

"For the millionth time, I'm waiting for him to ask me to homecoming Tessa."

"How did you know I was going to ask you that?"

"Because I just did."

"Oh ok. So how was chem?"

"Boring. The only thing that kept me from falling asleep was Josh."

"You really like him, don't you Maya?"

"Heck yes. And that's why I'm waiting for him to ask me to homecoming."

"Do you think he will?"

"Yes. He's smitten with me. No guy is smitten with a girl that they like and then doesn't ask them out. That's not in the rule book of guys Tessa."

"So you are just waiting for him to ask you out to homecoming, aren't you?"

"Yeah basically. So did Jake ask you out Tessa?"

"Yes he did. And I said yes."

"Awesome. And we have dresses and shoes, so we're ready for the dance."

"Yep and we still need to get our pep rally performance set and our game night dance ready."

"Oh don't worry I did that with the team yesterday."

"Thanks Tessa."

"No prob Maya."

The Next Day

"So in this chemical compound, as you can see, there is aluminum and oxygen. And there is also-"

"Sorry Mr. Meyers. I need to ask someone a very important question."

"Proceed then Josh."

"Okay Maya, we've been friends for ever and I get it's senior year, so will you light up my world and go to ho-co with me?"

"Yes Josh I will go to ho-co with you."

15 Minutes Later

"Hey Tessa."

"So?"

"Josh asked me, and I said yes."

"Awesome!!! We're double dating to ho-co together!!!"

"Yep we are and the boys are expecting us to cheer them on really good at the game."

"Oh we will Maya. We're experts in that department."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

(14/01)

Hey guys,

So this is your Saturday writer Kat aka katb415 here. So I'll be writing every Saturday this year in the book. And this is just a little something I've been wanting to write for a while. And I hope you enjoy. And please remember to vote and comment on this piece of the story. And share it with your friends too.

-Kat