THE CAULDRON

Monstrous masses of amorphous grey clouds darkened the bright Monday morning. The dark clouds hugged each other generating deafening thunders and blinding sparks of lightning. All were rushing to a safe place while two were stuck in a gigantic cauldron.

"Isn't there any way out of here?," huffed Hopper.

"We have to get out of here as soon as possible," said a worried Grassy.

The loud clatters of the heavy rain drummed the roof of the cauldron terrifying the poor souls. Rain water that was puddled on the roof, leaked in through the tiny holes of the earthen pot.

Looking at the dripping water drops, Grassy muttered, "Oh no! Not now!"

"Let's try a little harder, Grassy. Maybe we would be able to break it," suggested Hopper.

Putting in all their strength, they hopped high up hitting the lid of the cauldron. They hit it several times but failed to even create a tiny hole. Worn out, they rested for a while. By that time, water was pooled at the bottom of the cauldron, submerging their legs.

"I don't have any hope of survival," heaved Grassy.

"Have some hope, Grassy. We will definitely get out of this dark pot," said Hopper confidently.

"How is it possible? It's raining too and soon we are going to be drowned. Uff! I'm never going to say I love rain again!," exclaimed Grassy.

"Let's try even harder. There will be a way out for sure,"said Hopper.

This time they tried harder and faster they could. But it was to no avail. All their efforts went in vain. Outside, they could hear the heavy downpour of rain. Not even a single person was near to save them. The leaking cauldron stood aloof in the dark open corridors of the high raised apartments.

Hopper glared Grassy and snapped at her, "It's all your fault. I told you not to enter. But you were so adamant in resting inside this stupid cauldron."

Grassy retorted, "You should have left me alone. Why did you accompany me then?"

Hopper replied, "You know it's because, I love you."

Grassy sighed and said, "Fine. What do we do now?"

The next moment, they heard the howling winds fastening up their pace, and the loud patter of rain grew even more louder. The cauldron was already half filled with water. Not able to bear the weight of the water, the cauldron swayed left and right along with the shrill wind. Grassy and Hopper clung to each other, not knowing what to do. They both were terrified of the happenings around them.

The water inside the cauldron sloshed right and left causing the cauldron to lose its balance. And down fell the cauldron from the narrow wall, breaking into many pieces. Out hopped the two grasshoppers – Grassy and Hopper, and flew away to their safe shelter, thanking the rain for saving their lives.   

***************************************************

(03/05)

Hey guys, this is Kyra92.. Hope you liked this short update :)