MOVIE

Raj parked his bike in a hurry to get into the theatre quickly. He had decided to watch a movie today and had also booked the tickets online.

But obviously his boss didn't know his plans and loaded him with some last moment work. Now, if Raj had the guts to refuse the boss, he would not be stranded in this company this long. But that's another story.

With no other option in sight, he completed the work quickly and hurried to the theatre. He was still half an hour late and already missed the start.

He showed his booking on the counter, and got his tickets. Though he knew he was late, he spent some time to buy the precious popcorn.

When he got in a night scene was on, making it pitch black in there. He somehow got to his seat and settled in. He watched at the screen to a man running in dark and something flying behind him.

Wow, that was scary. Shit! He cursed himself and his boss for missing the start of the movie and now having to guess the story somewhat. But he had a better way than guessing. He'd just ask someone in the interval.

And so, he was eagerly waiting for the intermission while watching the current scenes. His wait wasn't long, and those lights came on to signal an interval.

When he glanced around, he was very surprised to find only a girl sitting behind him. Other than her, there was no one.

The girl, she wasn't watching at the screen. Her head was down in her lap, and it looked as if she was crying.

Raj traversed the two row distance between them, and in a moment was standing beside the girl. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

But the girl didn't flinch at all. It was as if she didn't feel his touch at all. So this time, he shook her shoulder. Nothing.

This scared him now. He turned around and started going out to call someone for help. He reached the top row, and before heading out, took a last look at the girl.

The girl wasn't there. What?

This was reaching a new level now. He was worried for the girl, yes, but he was more scared now. What was exactly happening here.

He thought of going back to where the girl sat, just in case she might have fell off her seat. But his decision was short lived when the lights went off again and it got dark.

His mind yelled, forget the girl, just get the hell out of here. And so he did.

He safely got out of that theatre.

***

The end

***

What??

How can it end just like that?

That's what you were going to ask, right?

You have got that to the point then..........there's still one thing remaining in the story.

***

When Raj got out of the theatre, he was very very scared. But he still had a second thought that this might just be a prank.

He desperately hoped for someone to come out from some corner, with a camera. But no one did.

The only surprise he got was when he reached outside the theatre and went for his bike. The bike..........

It wasn't there. There was just a note.

"From next time, don't park your bike in 'no parking'. Your most dear friend, traffic police."

***

Ok......I'm sure you must be having many thoughts to beat me up for writing such a thing.........but I know you wont do it.

Your loving,

cchinu

(05/02)