The Yellow Flowers - Conclusion

Reyansh was studying the peaceful face of the waiter with a very strange sword shaped locket in his neck and looked wildly around the hotel. He had seen him...He had just seen him...

Reyansh was terrified because the waiter was nowhere to be found.

***********

Shankar was really scared by the time they were walking towards their home.

All through the time that they had dropped Charu back at her room and walked back to their own apartment, Reyansh had not said a word. Reyansh should have been happy. Happy, that he had managed to save the life of that old man. But instead Reyansh was actually looking like he had killed someone. Reyansh was looking scared studying the faces of the people around him and it almost seemed to Shankar like Reyansh expected all the people to sprout wings and fly away.

And just when Shankar thought that things could not go anymore nuttier, right in the middle of the road, Reyansh stopped. There were horns blaring in the back, vehicles in the front and Reyansh stopped looking absolutely horrified.

Reyansh was almost hyperventilating as he saw the waiter again.

The waiter was standing right in front of him, pointing at the girl to his side and looking up.

Shankar was about to push Reyansh to a side, as Reyansh broke off running and ran towards the young woman a few meters ahead of them. Without any warning, Reyansh pushed the woman to side as both of them fell hard on the road. Shankar was horrified almost sure that his usually stiff collar friend was going to be slapped by the woman in front of all the people in the road.

And that was when things went an impossible notch of craziness.

A glass pane from the window above crashed down and fell at the exact spot that the woman had been standing not less than a few seconds back.

The entire traffic came to a standstill. All the people were watching the scene not able to believe what they had just seen.

Shankar pushed past the people and hurried towards Reyansh as someone from the top floor shouted an apology and Shankar could hear steps from the apartment of someone hurrying down.

The young woman was badly jarred both from the fall and from the glass shield and Shankar could see that Reyansh had been badly scratched from the glass pieces shattered from the window. Shankar was helping Reyansh up, who was looking completely woozy and some person was running down continuously apologizing to the woman. Some people in the road was helping the woman up as she was trembling and Shankar could see that the woman's flowery dress was torn.

The young woman was trembling as Shankar was studying Reyansh who looked like he was winded up. Reyansh stumbled as Shankar caught the man to steady him.

"This is becoming into a really bad habit, with you," Shankar muttered almost horrified.

"Pita!" the person from the apartment was helping the woman up. It was a short old man – with slight whiskers and a neat swarthy face.

"Let us get you home first." The man told the girl. "We can go to see your dad, later."

The girl Pita shook her head worried. "No, Loran uncle."

Pita sniffed slightly as she was fiddling with the locket in her neck.

Reyansh just could not bring himself to stop looking at the locket. It was...Blood drained from Reyansh face as he realized that the photo of the waiter...the waiter had the same locket in his neck.