37 PRIVATE DRIVE

The loud music blared across the streets of the Private Drive. A bright palatial house stood radiating it's glow, from the colorful LED lights, that was attached in various corners of the house. 

The interior of the house was quite opposite to the bright exterior. The insides were dimly lit and the spherical disco balls hung, providing the brightness to move around.

The smell of alcohol lingered in the air and the hall was crowded with masked teenagers who were in high levels of excitement.

Shaily and Pranav were so excited for the masquerade party. Shaily was dolled up in her burgundy red sleeves knee length dress that fit her perfectly showing her sexy curves. Wearing her silver colored mask and accessories she got ready for the party.

Pranav was waiting for her near his car, dressed up in his red and black suit matching Shaily's attire. Showing his perfect smile, he picked her up and they reached the venue for the party. Putting on their masks, they went in hand in hand.

Letting some alcohol seep into their system, they greeted their friends. A slow music was on and everyone started to sway their bodies according to the rhythm. Switching their partners they danced for a while. And then the music was changed to a peppy number where all rocked the dance floor with loud cheers.

The party went on well until the lights went off. In an instant the house was pitch dark and people's confused whispers were heard. After few minutes, the power was back and the party resumed, but to be stopped again by a blood curdling scream.

All the faces turned to the direction of the scream. There on the floor lay a lifeless body of a girl whose throat was slit. Her mask was still on her face which was a mixture of silver and bronze.

There was a huge chaos in the hall but the hosts were no where to be seen. Few were whispering while few scurried out of the party hall in fear. Shaily and Pranav neared the body and examined it. Shaily took out her mobile to call the police when the lights went off again.

When the lights were on again they found another body lying lifeless near the stairs. The same thing was repeated thrice and everytime the lights went on and off, there would be a lifeless body of a girl lying in various spots. People rushed out of the hall to save their lives.

The only similarity that all the dead girl had was the silver bronze mask they wore. And there were no traces of blood or any other injury except for the girl who was murdered first.

Shaily and Pranav were the only people left in the house while the others had run out for their lives. Two pale looking males descended down the stairs wiping off the blood that dripped from the knives and shook hands with them. They disappeared out of sight and shaily and Pranav exited the mansion with evil smirks plastered on the faces.  

The mystery of the 37 Private Drive stills remains unsolved with the murders taking place every year.

***

Kyra92 (11/05)