(Ch4) I moved in with my rich best friend, and his sexy asshole friend lives next to us.

Chapter 4

____

(Haven)

"So can she hear us?" Conner's voice asked.

Of course, I can hear you! I'm awake!

"I'm not positive, but you can go ahead and try," some else said.

Oh! I've heard of this thing before. I just hope he doesn't say things he doesn't mean, because I'm not awake to reply.

Footsteps sounded away from me now, and the left side of the bed leveled down.

Conner grabbed my hand and clasped it in-between his two.

"Haven..." His hand grip got stronger. "I just wanted you to know that...I didn't mean those things I said. I was just angry because I thought you lied. I know! I know you never lied to me, but I didn't know what to think. I mean, I've never really felt this way before..." Oh shit! Conner had never gotten this emotional on me before, "but I think I felt sort of jealous." If I could lean up and stare at him in shock, that's exactly what I would be doing. "I think I've never really figured it out, because you've never considered going on with another guy, or flirting or anything. But when I saw you with Eric I..." He paused, as I waited in anticipation. I REALLY hope there's not a heart monitor in here. "I felt like I needed to pull you to my side and claim you as mine. I mean, I'm not supposed to love you in any other way except for a best friend. But I don't love you...I'm in love with you."

Oh. My. Fucking. Shit.

Conner was in love me? ME?!?! But what did I do to lead him on like that? Have I ever snuggled close to him, or gotten to close to his face when we had our staring contest? I've never really thought about this before...

I felt the side of my bed lean down more, as I felt lips press down on mine lightly and then they were gone.

It might not have been a juicy, sexy, mouth-spitting kiss but I felt a pang of electricity shoot through me...no literally. Was he rubbing his socks against the carpet or something?

A pair of footsteps entered the room, and sounds of wet sneakers squeaked on the floor.

"Dude, is she okay?"

Eric.

I didn't hear anything, but I felt little splashes of water end up on my cheeks.

"I really wanted to thank you for saving her man," Conner said.

"No problem. And be careful with her. She has wombs on her head from when her hair got sucked to the bottom by the filter, and she hit her head."

I hit my head?

Slowly, I felt my eyes open and get a sexy view from Eric, and a sexy, disheveled look from Conner.

"Hi," I said.

Both of their heads turned to me, and Conner burst out with a smile.

"Haven! Guess what? Remember that college you wanted to go to? I got you into University of Miami..." he trailed on. "I got you in the top cla-"

"Conner," I whispered, "You can stop blabbering now."

"I just don't want you to die!"

I sulked.

"Hey! It's not like someone came and stabbed me!"

He shook his head, and Eric stepped forward.

"Don't you EVER do that again, Haven! Do you know how devastated I was when I saw your lifeless body! How do you think I reacted when I saw the lights switch off?!"