(Ch19) I moved in with my rich best friend, and his sexy asshole friend lives next to us.

so so sorrryyy

Ch19

*Haven*

After Alec and I had the little short talk outside, that was the rest we talked for the night, letting everyone else party off the vodka and left over beignets imported from New Orleans.

I left with Eric, as he respectfully took me to my door and gave me a hug good-bye, restraining from letting go, but he has managed to let go anyway. When walking into my penthouse, I had expected to go home to quite atmosphere but wasn't. Two lean legs were standing straight up on my coffee table in the living room. There was a woman in my house, dressed in all black.

"What the-"

"Haven Rose," she said, in a thick Spanish accent jumping from off the table and onto me with a loud thud. I squirmed under her strong, not heavy, body and was about to scream when she smashed a ball of fabric in my mouth, and covering it with three strips of duck tape. Wining under the thick tape wasn't going to do anything, which I wish it would. My heart was beating heavily against my chest with ringing in my ears. My feet took action and started kicking at her robust figure and skilled mind. "Don't even try it Mr. Rose, because if you want to live at least one last hour, you better stop trying things."

My body fell motionless, as she placed a blindfold over my eyes, and hauled me out of the window and into the air.

*Alec*

I stood at the counter at Flower Petal and stared at the roses and then the sunflowers, wondering which one she would like most.

"I say get the lily, every girl likes that!" Tanner spoke, pointing to the red lily, standing out from the purple ones. I smiled, and reached to grab it when Yami stopped me.

"No way! I hate lilies, get the tulips!"

Was it cheesy to ask a girl with flowers, since well...I've never thought about it before. It's not like I think she's that much different or anything, but I do think that she likes flowers. I, myself, love spring roses but it seems like Tanner and Yami both disagree. Aw, what the hell, I'm asking her out not them.

I bought a bouquet of spring roses, and scolded as Yami and Tanner yelled at me from different ears.

"Why would they have spring roses, when it's winter? Yami complained, "It's almost Christmas for crying out loud."

Tanner laughed, as we began to exit the flower shop with the cashier glaring at us for Yami's impertinent comment.

"Remember last year when we went to New York and went ice-skating on the lake and you fell through!"

Yami flicked him off, and kicked a piece of paper on the sidewalk folding her arms in sync.

"How was I supposed to know I would fall through? Besides, I'm not the one who tried to kiss the instructor!"

"EY! That's enough!" Tanner shouted, flipping his pink hair.

Me being stuck in the middle of this conversation, got in my car and waved at Yami and Tanner as they went to back to theirs.

Music sounded from the radio, playing Chestnuts Roasting on the Open Fire (My favorite Christmas song=) as I sang along with some of the lyrics I knew from the past. Devlin's stupid ringtone rang over my loud music, which I think was pretty sad.

"Hello?" I answered, getting ready for the sound of Devlin's nerdy voice.

"Hey Alec, how's the mission coming. You been watching over her, without entering her personal life right?" he said, curiosity flip-flopping in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm 'bout to go hit the gym right now," I lied.

He gave me his good lucks, good-byes, and Merry Christmas since he'll be out of town for a while. I told him the same and headed over to Haven's house.

-

When I arrived at her penthouse door, a man was standing in front of Eric's door, knocking waiting for an answer.

"Oh, are you looking for Eric?"

The man turned to me. He has blond hair and brown eyes with pale skin who I recognized quite instantly.

"Yeah, I'm-"

My mouth dropped open.

"YOU'RE CONNER REED!" I exclaimed. "YOU'RE THE TOP NUMBER ONE HOMICIDE INVESTIGATOR!" Seeing someone who I practically looked up to when I was four and he was seven, his dad would take him on TV and introduce the next best thing, and of course he was!

"Hi, nice to meet you ummm...?" he said, extending his hand.

"Alec Preston, private investigator for the government."

He nodded, and pointing to Haven's door.

"So, you know Haven Rose?"

*Conner*

This...boy stopped by Haven's door with a bouquet of roses which sent me flaring instantly. Who was he? Were they going out? Was he her brother or something? WERE THEY MARRIED?!

"Yes, she's my umm friend."

I smirked to myself and glared at the boy.

"Oh, why Haven has never told me about you Mr. Preston."

His eyes lit up like he was excited, as he patted my back.

"Well, I'm very fortunate to meet her brother..." he went on.

I chuckled, and took my key out my pocket to OUR penthouse.

"I'm her husband smart one."

I pushed the door open and began to call out her name as if she were my wife. Of course, Haven wouldn't approve of it at all.

"What a lie," Alec stated. "You weren't here when she was dating Eric, and you defiantly weren't here when she was in the hospital."

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at the boy.

"In the hospital? What do you mean..?" I stuttered.

"Haven got in a bad accident and was diagnosed with permanent amnesia...I think something like that you would've been here for."

My legs collapsed as I fell onto a chair behind me, hitting my head. I couldn't believe it. Why didn't anyone call and tell-

~~~~ i wrote this yesterday, and im punished today but my dads out so i had to hurry and post this. Don't be mad cuz if u are ill kick u in ur eye!!! :))

Love ya to!