Ch2) I don't know why they sent me back to Earth. I had to complete my mission, not fall in love!

Ch2

The sound of barking woke me up from my sleep, as I peered around to see where it was coming from. The bright light that shown in the cave was obviously the way, but would I be able to get out of here without getting caught?

"You sure you head it out here, Blake?" a female voice said, the high pitch running throughout the entire forest. Her red sandals began to walk towards the tree, and I thought she had seen me. She ended up leaning against the tree, folding on foot over the other. Wait, red sandals? This is the 20th century, right?

I took a deep, low breath.

"I'm positive," a deep, manly voice said. "It was a beautiful, harmonizing voice. Not something you would hear in the common Pitch Arena. It was a melody, and kind of went with the flow."

My eyes popped open. I didn't realize I was that loud, not to mention the loud booming sound from the sky. How could he hear me over that? I started to move away from the entrance, and decided to wait until they were gone. Buckling my legs against my chest, I continued to listen to their conversation.

"Well, that's too bad. The storm last night hit pretty hard. I doubt she's still alive." The high-pitch was starting to aggravate me, but I had to promise not to think anymore bad thoughts about anyone. That demeanor wasn't really in my nature.

"We have to look for her! It would be wrong of us not to."

I gulped. I knew down in my Soul they weren't going to just leave. Maybe when they move away from this area, I'll be able to run to another part of the forest.

The girl with the red sandals kicked a rock into the hole and it hit me in the face. I let out a little EEP, but I knew they didn't hear it. Pain. The word instantly popped in my brain. What is that? Whatever it was, I resented that feeling already. And it was only a rock!

"Wait, did you hear that?" the girl said, bending down.

She did hear me! But that was almost impossible! How could she? It was a little, bitty eep. I backed up towards the back of the tree cavern and held my hands around my knees. They were going to find me! And bring me with them! I liked it out here in the woods, by myself.

I peeked and found the girl's eyes looking straight at me in bewilderment.

"Blake, you've got to see this?"

I looked to my right and left for some sort of escape but their weren't any. I was trapped, and there's no way I would be able to get away from them.

Blake's eyes met mine, and a shiver ran down my spine.

"Miss?"

I backed farther away from him, as he held out his hand to me.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you. I promise."

I shook my head, burring my head into the hole my hands made, and tempted to make a deeper slot for my body into the tree.

He sighed, removing his hand.

"Lace, please go and get some help."

Her feet instantly ran away from the area, and I was left with him. I don't understand this. My mission was to prove that I was trustworthy to the head Souls, not get kidnapped by some young guy that wanted me to come out the tree trunk.

"If you don't come out of there, I'm going to have to come in."

I shook my head abruptly, signaling that I wanted him to stay out there. He began to move in anyway, but that's when I spoke.

"NO!!!!!!" I said, backing up further. I pushed myself so hard, that I made another hole inside the tree, and ended up on the other side of the trunk.

The first thing I did, was run -tun away from the boy and the girl that seek out to find me. I wonder if he noticed that I was naked. If not, that's a good thing.

I sped quickly through the bushes, and dodged the trees that seemed to show out of no where. The gradd started growing higher and higher and the trees began to disappear. It was a grassland. It was a sea of nothing but high grass.

I glanced back to see if he was behind me and he wasn't. Haha! Victory!

I crouched down in the high grass, and began to crawl forward, looking for some path back to some civilization. My body was itchy, as I passed some ground. At the moment, I thought I heard someone behind me, but I looked and nothing was there.

The itchiness continued on my legs, until the top of the vine became a light purple color. Instantly, the itching went away and began to move faster through the plants.

A grunt sounded behind me, but before I could run away fast enough, a body was on top of mine. I was face up, and saw the face of the young man. His icy blue eyes vibed coldness.

A warmness took over my heart, and the word "soulmate" instantly popped in my mind.

Vote and comment:)