[3] I have to fall in love with the boy my friend's girlfriend cheated on him with. Great

[3]

(Charlie)

He thinks just because he handed me his keys and ran away meant he'd get me in his car? What do I look like?

This is getting me distracted, I need to do something with my life rather than mope around and watch everyone enjoy there's. Going down stairs, I saw my mom putting her watch on and smoothing her business suit.

"Are you okay, Charlotte? You seem a little pale," my mom dad.

My dad died when I was thirteen years old from a heart attack, and my mom was single and always remained single. She gave me a college fund, included with my dad's money, but I know she would give me some if needed it. I though about leaving, but I continued here at my mom's house.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

You know how you can never convince your parents to a lie? Well, that's how I felt right now. My mom stroked the backside of her hand against my forehead and gasped.

"Your burning," she said, going to get the thermometer. "Go put some Pjs on and I'll be there in a second."

Not arguing, I went up to my room, and laid down on bed. Why was my bed so hard? Didn't I just get this mattress about a month ago? And it even has the therapeutic shit we bought off of TV!

Looking under my bed to see what it was, two big blue eyes stared back at me. I shrieked and laid back in my bed before my mom could see what I was doing. What in hell was Jason doing under my bed? My breathing was uneven when my mom came in.

"Oh my dear your sweating!" she said in a mawmaw voice. Where has the young gone?

"I know, I'm hallucinating. I thought I just saw something!"

A bump hit my but from under the bed and knew exactly what it was, but my mom didn't notice.

"Well, I have to go to work, but I'm sure Ms. Frankson wouldn't mind taking care of you."

I shrugged, not really caring if she were here or not. But what I do know is that when my mom leaves I'm' going to kick Jason's ass.

Mom flipped her phone open, closed the door, and walked out of the room.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I said silently, waiting for him to reply.

He stuck his head from under the bed, and came to look at me.

"I told you I was going to hunt you down!"

We heard my mom's footsteps, and he slid back under the bed.

"She'll be here soon ok?"

I nodded, closing my eyes as I heard my mom shut the door.

"You're lucky she goes to work in the afternoon," I said. "Why the fuck are you here?" I got up and peered at my pale reflection in the mirror. My stomach churned from seeing Jason, but I wasn't really sick. My head burned, I don't know why.

"I'm here because I want to spend time with you. I told you to get in my car, but you didn't list-"

"Charlie?!"

Wait, that's defiantly not Ms. Frankson's voice.

"Who's that?" Jason said angrily, arching his eyebrows.

Even though I knew it was Landon coming up the stairs, I wasn't going to tell Jason that.

Before I could answer his question, Landon came through the door and stared at me bewilderingly.

"Who are you?" Jason repeated, but this time to him.

Landon was much more muscular then him, but I wasn't the one to judge.