(Ch7)I moved in with my rich best friend, and his sexy asshole friend lives next to us

Chapter 7

___________________

I felt like my eyes popped out there sockets and landed to the floor with little strings of skin only keeping us intact. Why would Conner do something like that? I mean, he doesn't seem like a type of person who would cheat on a girl. You'd think he's too loyal for these finds of things - too candid.

So there I was, Maya in one hand and my fingers piling on top of one another, then swiftly sliding off from how clammy they are.

My eye on the floor twitched.

"You did...what?!" I shouted, feeling Maya flinch back a little.

Conner stayed silent, and my eyes flew to Eric. His ass was comfortably sitting on the navy blue lazy boy, and trying to bend the top of his fingers back.

"It was a complete mistake Haven," he said.

I can't send my mind to believe a person like him would do this. So is this what he does when I'm no where around? I've known all of his friends, his foes...his girlfriends.

"What was her name?" I demanded, rocking back and forth heel-to-toe.

Conner turned around to look at his reflection in the mirror hanging on the wall. He fidgeted with his collar, and ran his hand through his hair.

"Nata Merlos."

Nata Merlos.

The girl who'd threw food at the back of my head.

The girl every boy admired.

The girl everyone wanted to be.

The girl who was skinned brutally and found in a grotto, in the middle of the forest.

I said zip. What was I supposed to say? That I'm sorry, and I hope you feel better? Because honestly that shit should just be blown right off, because no one can apologize something that's happened in the past. Because it's gone. Poof. Vamoose. When you take a step forward your leaving a ghost behind. You can't apologize to the ghost, can you.

Conner noticed words weren't pouring out of my mouth and continued to speak.

"It was the night we had went bowling on her friend Neesa's birthday. It was a whole bunch of us there, and she pried me into coming - for Neesa's sake. So I did. Maybe Nata didn't exactly notice the dirty stares Neesa was throwing at me, and constantly rubbing her hand against my thigh," he trailed on, "letting the tip of her fingernail trail all the way down to my knee. It was actually quite disturbing," he said, letting his adam's apple bob up and down, as he gulped down and stared forward. "I had went to the bathroom, and when I walked in Neesa had went into the boy's bathroom. She was leaning on the counter...naked." He sat down on his leather couch, as I let my eyes narrow down in utter disbelief.

"I just couldn't help myself...I have hormones! I have needs!" he cooed.

My brain was no doubt twisted into a girl scout knot, and my hands were trembling from anger.

"You have NEEDS?!" I exclaimed, "because you couldn't help yourself? What? So just because Nata didn't have sex with you or something, you decided to go and do it with Neesa? What kind of fucker are you?" I exclaimed. My words were hypocritical, but I didn't care at the moment. The girl might have stepped on my untied shoelace, causing me to fall right into a student with a chili dog on their lunch tray. Nata might have thrown a handful of mashed potatoes at the back of my head, and she might have almost burst my nose with a basketball, but those things are nothing compared to what happened to her. She's dead.

"Haven, it was two years ago!"

My hand slammed on the wooden countertop, and my heart pulsed deeply in my chest.

"I don't care! Do you hear your words? 'I HAVE needs,'" I mimicked. "That's present tense, which means you don't truly forgive yourself, you're just too immersed in yourself to see what you've REALLY done!"

Before Conner could reply, the noise of whimpering sounded in my ears making me turn to Maya. Little tears were strolling down her face, and her folded arms were married with her chest. Her tears were flooding down her cheeks quickly, and dripping onto her pink leotard - the only item of clothing I have for her.

I went up to Maya and caressed her back, and she leaned her head into the crook of my neck.

She sobbed harder, letting everything out in one huge bawl.

"Haven I-" I held out my finger to signal for him to be quiet, but he disobeyed. "I know what I've done Haven."

Maya was now fully in my arms. Her rear was resting on my arms, as I rose from the ground to look at Conner.

"I don't care anymore, Conner. I know the day Neesa Gally's party was on, and the exact date Nata died. You betrayed her right before her death. You went behind her back deliberately, and had sex with another girl. If she died or not, you still did something utterly depraved and to know you did something like that just makes me not want to be near a hundred yard radius of you." I said. "And you can forget the love thing, because there's no way in hell, I'll ever love you."

And with that I walked out the front door and left.

My walk towards the elevator was quiet, as Maya continued to sob in my arms.

I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the lobby.

I didn't know where we were going, but I knew it was going to have to be maintained.

The door to the elevator was almost closed when something metal hit me straight in the forehead.

My intentions were not to pass out, but the pain was unbearable. Maya flew out my hands, as I assumed she just wanted to be released. But I didn't what happened, because blackness took me.

I'm thinking about writing another story, but i guess i should focus on these...lemme know what i should DO!

Comment and Vote :)