Chapter Two: You've Got To Be Kidding Me

Samantha's POV
"HE SAID WHAT?!!" Emma screamed, slamming her locker shut. Her brownish/greenish eyes flared as she looked at me, causing everyone in a 50 mile radius to look at us.

I blushed, not loving the attention. "He said he'd kick me off the team." I whispered. Suddenly, a guy erupted in a large gasp. How did he hear that? "WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALL THE CHICKEN WINGS ARE GONE?!!" He screamed, running to the cafeteria.

Everyone was silent. Then, laughter erupted in the hallway and relief filled me. If anyone heard that, the school would go crazy. It's almost provincials and losing the team captain for the girls varsity team in such a time would be terrible.

"He can't do that!" Emma said, angrily. "He can, and he will." Grace said, walking up behind us.

"Where were you? You were supposed to meet us at the cafeteria 10 minutes ago and you never showed up!" Emma said.

Grace sighed. "Cameron got in trouble again. I had to go to the principals office. He's making him wash the school floors tonight."

I laughed. "Serves him right." Grace shot me a glare. "I don't think he deserves that." Emma said. "I mean, he's so hot." She said staring off into space and twirling her brunette hair.

Grace and I scoffed. "What'd he do anyway?" I asked, curiously. "Drew some graffiti of the principal on the school walls. He's cleaning those off too." Grace explained, shaking her head.

"You'd think he'd know better." I said, rolling my eyes. "My mom thinks the same thing." Grace said. "He's been grounded so often, he rarely gets to leave the house anymore. That doesn't seem to stop him from sneaking out to parties at night though."

Emma rolled her eyes at us. "I don't know guys. I mean, there's something so mysterious about him." She said gushing. "Don't you have a boyfriend?" Grace and I remind her at the same time.

"Well, ya. But still!" She said. I shook my head. I knew she'd never cheat on Hayes, but seriously, this girl needs to watch out. If Hayes ever heard her say something like that, he'd definitely think something was going on.

"Anyway, I have to go. Hayes wants me to meet up with him at the library." Emma said. And with that, she left us.

"Mysterious." Grace mocked laughing. I chuckled along with her. "The only mystery is if he has a brain or not."

***

I stepped into math class with a weight on my shoulders. Mr. Travis was spilling out numbers and equations that I couldn't understand. It seemed that all the numbers jumbled together, but I knew I didn't have dyslexia.

After class, I went up to him, needing to ask for a tutor. God this was embarrassing.

"Umm... Mr. Travis?" He turned, his cold blue eyes staring into me. I gulped. "Umm... I was wondering if I could get a... Uh... Tutor?" I winced at the thought of it.

"Alright Ms Gray." He said, filling through papers. "You'll meet your tutor today after school. Meet in the library. I'll tell the librarian to keep it unlocked."

I nodded, thanking him. I then left the room, my face burning of embarrassment. It's for the team. I thought. Do it for the team.

***

"So do you know who your tutor is?" Emma asked, packing her book bag. "No, he never told me. I'm meeting them today." I said, looking around.

"Have you seen Grace? I have to tell her I won't be able to make it over tonight. We were supposed to work on our science project." I said, scanning the almost empty hallways.

"No, she said that she needed to talk to Cameron. Something about 'putting him in his place'"She said, making air quotations with her hands.

"What does that mean?" I asked. "Apparently Aaron was about to take her on a date before Cameron came and punched him in the gut." She said, not looking up.

"Carpenter?!" I asked excitedly. Grace has had a crush on him since well, forever. Emma nodded. "Mhmm. She wasn't to pleased with him."

"I'm not surprised. She literally obsesses over him." I laugh. "Last time he came and watched our game, she literally almost fainted claiming she couldn't play with him in the stands."

Emma laughed. "They are so cute together though. I totally ship it." She said, finally standing up. "Now all we have to do is hook you up with someone." She said, smirking.

"What?! Oh no. That is not going to happen." I said, half serious, but I couldn't help laughing.

"I could hook you up with Nash, Hayes' older brother." She suggested. "Ehh... I mean he's cute and all, I just don't think he's right for me." I said, Nash and his dark hair and beautiful blue eyes popping up in my mind.

"I have to admit though, his eyes are killer." I said. She laughed in agreement. "Totally. Anyway, I have to go. Nash and Hayes have a football game and this girl has to cheer them on." She said, pointing to herself.

I laughed, hugging her. "Okay, say hi to them for me." "Will do. Good luck with your tutor."

"I'll need more than luck." I whispered under my breath, watching Emma walk to her car.

***

As I walked through the empty hallways, I thought about my tutor. I wonder if it'll be a girl or a boy.. I thought. I honestly didn't know what I'd prefer.

Hopefully they're nice. And good at explaining things. I thought. I didn't need someone who didn't know how to explain anything. And I definitely needed them to be nice. I mean, the whole future of the girls basketball team is riding on them.

Of course, I wouldn't tell them that. I sighed as I walked up to the library door. I took a deep breath and turned the knob.

What I saw, I couldn't believe.

There, was Cameron Dallas, looking down at his phone. Oh please don't let it be him. I prayed. I scanned the room for anybody else, but no one was in sight.

I sighed inwardly. The bad boy was my tutor. The whole future of the basketball team was in his hands.

"You've got to be kidding me."

A/N
Hey guys!! I worked really hard on this chapter to make it somewhat enjoyable! And yes, I added a bit more Magcon boys because, let's be real, they're so amazing.

I hope you guys like this chapter!! Please comment what you thought below! Or stuff I could write for another chapter!! I'd love to make this as enjoyable for you guys as I possible can!

Please don't forget to favourite, comment, share, and hit that follow button to get alerts from our account and any information that I might not put in this book!!

Lots of love,

-Kat