Chapter Twenty Seven: A Win For The WildCats

Cameron's POV
My hands were shaking. I was so nervous. What if I fail? What if I disappoint everyone?

"Hey, you okay?" Sam asked, grabbing my hand. I nodded, squeezing her hand in comfort. "Just..." I breathed. "Just a bit nervous."

She laughed lightly. "You'll do great. You always do." She said, leaning her head on me. I felt my stress float away as I felt her soft fingers trace across my knuckles.

She traced a small scar on my knuckle, looking at it weirdly. "Where'd you get this?" She asked. I laughed. "Playing baseball. Fell and scrapped it." I explained.

"Woah. So professional." She said. I scoffed. "Please, you have to have gotten a scar. I know it." I said. She laughed. "I have one, you're right. I bet you remember it." She said, showing me her hand.

A small white line was written on her skin, barely reaching the starting of her wrist. She looked at it fondly. "It was the first time I came over to your guys' house. I fell on a rock and it left this. Grace calls it the friendship scar." She explained.

I laughed. "The friendship scar?!" She swatted my arm playfully. "It was the first day we became friends. When I look at it, I remember things I never want to forget. All the good times we've had, all the laughs, the tears, everything. It might be small, but in it holds all my precious memories."

I didn't say anything. It was amazing, how small things reminding you of the bigger picture.

We all sat in silence on our way to the game, anxiety slowly filling me again. But I knew I could do it. I had to.

Samantha's POV
"Good luck." I smiled to Cameron, before we parted ways. I smiled and walked to the group, before Cameron came running back to me.

"See you after the game." He said, pecking me on the lips. I saw the rest of his team behind him, shock written on their faces.

Guess they didn't expect that.

After we got our seats, I watched the teams warm up. They were playing a team called 'The Stingers' from God knows where.

They looked pretty decent, although some I must admit looked pretty scrawny. But then I saw them hit the baseballs.

And, well. Damn.

I saw Nash's look of astonishment as he sat by Emily. "Yo, they're gonna get a run for their money." He said. I nodded, suddenly becoming nervous.

Grace's POV
"Okay, fine. Then you steer and I'll work the petals." I said to Shawn. "Grace! What the fuck?!" He yelled at me. I laughed. "Fine. I'll drive."

Shawn had decided after a while to go surprise Cameron at his baseball game. But, he couldn't drive. And well, I really didn't want to.

But, whatever. Half way to the stadium, Shawn had to make matters worse. "Yo, Sam's gonna be pissed." He said laughing. "I'll be surprised if I make it out of here with all my limbs attached."

I laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll super glue you back together." I said jokingly, winking at him. He laughed with me.

After awhile, we got to the stadium. We quickly entered and went to find our seats. I smiled as I saw Samantha cheering for Cameron. He had just gotten a home run, making the score 3-5. They were trailing, only making me more happy to watch the game.

I had always thought of myself as Cameron's good luck charm. Only because he so often called me that. Suddenly, Sam turned around.

The joy from her face quickly vanished, her eyes became angry and her mouth held open with shock.

"GRACE!!" She yelled, running over to me. "I TOLD YOU TO TAKE CARE OF HIM! THAT DOESN'T MEAN BRING HIM ALL THE WAY OUT HERE AND-" "SAM!" Shawn yelled, his eyes dark with warning.

I saw Samantha coward back, the tone of her older brother taking affect. Samantha might be brave, and might not listen from time to time but she knew even if he had a sprained ankle, never to cross her brother.

"I wanted to come. I'm fine. I can take care of myself." Shawn said. Samantha glared at him, stomping away like a 5 year old. Shawn laughed. "It's funny when she tries to be overprotective."

"Why?" I asked. "She obviously is worried about you." Shawn smiled, watching his sister retreat to her seat.
"Because, she knows that no matter what, she'll never be more overprotective than me."

I smiled at him, going to take my seat next to her.

The game continued on, the WildCats managing to catch up. The score was now 5-5. All Cameron had to do was hit this home run.

Cameron's POV
"It's all on you man." Taylor said, hitting me on the back. "No pressure or anything."

I made a face at him, laughing as I stepped up to bat. I felt my heart pound in my chest. My hands were sweating. I could hear Samantha cheering for me. And... Grace?

I looked at the crowd, seeing Shawn and Grace sitting there. I smiled. I breathed, making sure my feet were well placed.

The pitcher threw the ball, it hurling toward me. And.... Hit. The ball went flying, making me automatically drop the bat and begin running.

My lungs burned as I sprinted around the bases, seeing someone coming up to me. I slide, dodging their arm, and hit the base.The crowd went crazy, as my team ran towards me in celebration.

I did it.

A/N
Sorry for the late update!! I was super busy with homework and didn't get the time to update!

The next chapter is gonna be really good though!! I think you guys are going to love it!

And guys! If we hit 100 followers, Dakota will start publishing some chapters for her next book! It's really good, so if you haven't, make sure to hit that follow button! Thanks!

Anyway, that's all from me! Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,

-Kat