Chapter Fifty Five: Overdramatic Situations

Samantha's POV
I heard Emma take a deep breath before we approached Cameron and Hayes at the end of the line.

"Hey babe." Cameron said, quickly pecking my lips. I smiled up at him before turning to Emma and Hayes.

"Soo...." Hayes said, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is awkward..." Emma said. "Yea... So. What have you been up to?" Hayes asked.

I felt relief spark into my stomach, taking the weight off my shoulders. Conversation. Perfect. "Oh you know, this and that." Emma replied. Hayes nodded. "Been hanging around Matt recently?"

Emma shook her head. "No... Haven't really spoken to him in a while actually." Hayes smiled at that. "Oh come on Hayes. Don't give me that look." Emma said.

"What look?!" Hayes asked innocently. "Oh please. You know what look. It's the 'I'm happy but I'm not going to show it to you right now' look." Emma said.

Hayes chuckled. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

I smiled. Emma and Hayes continued their conversation as I felt Cameron grab my hand. "Everything's going well so far." Cameron whispered.

"Yeah. I'm surprised. There was a little freaking out from Emma, but that was easily resolved." I answered.

Cameron nodded as he looked up at the menu. "God, I love the smell of movie popcorn." I said. Cameron chuckled. "Yeah, that and M&M's."

"What do you mean?" I asked, scrunching up my nose in confusion. "Oh please. I know you love getting M&M's and then putting it in your popcorn." Cameron said. "Ya weirdo."

"It's not weird!" I retorted. "It's really good! The chocolate melts and... Well. It's just good!" "Mhmmm..." Cameron hummed. "Just like Nutella."

"Okay! Nutella is delicious! I don't know why you prefer peanut butter over it." Cameron just shook his head.

"What are you two fighting about?" Emma asked. "Food." Cameron replied. Emma just stared at him. "You know you're going to lose, right? Doesn't matter what food it's about, Sam always finds a way to magically win."

"It's one of my many talents." I said. "Yeah, that and being annoying." Cameron said jokingly. "Shutup!" I said, hitting his chest.

"Alright fine." Cameron said. "But I'm getting my own popcorn." "Fine." I smiled. "More for me."

----

Once we finished ordering, and me drowning my popcorn in butter, we headed into the movie theatre.

The movie theatre was pretty full so we had to separate. Hayes and Emma were down near the front while Cameron and I were up about 3 rows.

I saw Hayes lean in to whisper something to Emma and smiled. "What do you think he's saying?" I whispered to Cameron watching Emma laugh slightly.

"Probably for you to shutup and watch the movie." Cameron whispered back, shoving popcorn into his mouth. I glared at him. I heard him chuckle.

"Oh come on Sam. Don't stress about it. I'm sure it's fine." He said, grabbing my hand. I sighed and leaned on his shoulder. "I just really hope this works out." I said.

-----

Part way through the movie I sit up and check on Emma and Hayes. I saw Hayes put his arm around Emma's chair, using one of those dumb fake yawning things.

I saw Emma turn to him, mumble a few things and then get up and left the theatre.

"What the heck?" Cameron asked. I fiddled with my fingers nervously. "I'm going to go see if everything's alright."

I then rushed out of the theatre, seeing Emma's silhouette disappear behind a corner. I followed her, seeing her enter the washroom.

"God damn it Emma. Why do you always have to make things so difficult." I mumbled.

I opened the washroom to see her bent over a sink.

"Emma? What's wrong?" I asked. All she did was shake her head. "I can't do this." She muttered.

"What? Why not?" "I thought I was ready Sam." She said, looking at me. Her eyes were watering with tears. "It's just, what if I get hurt again? What if I fuck up? What if I was never meant to get this happy ending?"

I sighed. "Haven't we been over this?" "You have no idea what I'm going through right now. I know you and Cameron have gone through huge hurtles, but I've never dealt with anything like this." Emma said.

"Every time I look at him, it just, hurts. I see him and I smile. I love him. I really do. But all my mind can focus on his how he hurt me." She said.

"Maybe if you just talk to him-" "I CAN'T!" She yelled. "I can't go through with that. I can't talk about it with him."

"Emma. I think you're blowing this thing all out of proportion here. You're not making any sense! You're just making it harder on yourself." I said.

Emma always had a habit of doing that. She never saw something as clear as anyone else did. She just went crazy over the smallest details. It drove me nuts.

"Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just crazy. But all I can focus on his how he hurt me. I don't want to do that again!" She said.

"And you don't have to! If you just talk it out." "No Sam. Just, I know you're trying to help. And I appreciate it. But I'm just not ready for this." Emma said, pushing past me.

I sighed as I heard the door close behind me.

I went over to the sink and splashed water on my face. "God damn it Emma!" I shouted, banging my fist off the counter.

I was frustrated. I thought I was helping. But maybe I wasn't. I had no idea. Sometimes Emma had these moments where she made me want to rip the hair out of my head.

I was never good with people. Emotions were complex. They made situations harder. I never understood. The people that think differently then me. It just made me... Angry.

Was I the only one?

Probably. All I knew was that this whole situation got a thousand times harder. Scratch that, a million times harder.

Why can't anything be easy these days?

A/N
Hey guys! Hope you liked today's chapter!

Question time!!! (My favourite time!)

- Have you ever met anyone like Emma?

-Do you think Emma was being overdramatic?

-Or was Sam to frustrated to realize Emma's feelings?

Thanks for reading this chapter! Don't forget to favourite, comment and follow for future updates! Oh! And also share this story with your friends!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat