Chapter Fifty Six: A Different Saviour

Samantha's POV
After staring at myself in the mirror and contemplating my options, I pushed open the door.

Cameron and Hayes were leaning against the wall, Hayes' stature looking uncomfortable. From the naked eye he looked absolutely normal but when you looked at his eyes, well, his eyes said it all.

Something about the cloudiness of them made me realize he was deep in thought, probably replaying the awkward moment in the theatre over and over again in his mind.

Like the painful clip was on replay and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

Cameron was looking down at his phone, clueless to the fact that his friend was mentally freaking out.

He smiled at something before he looked up and his loving brown eyes met mine. They quickly showed confusion as he realized Emma was missing.

"Where's Emma?" He asked. I sighed and shook my head. "She flipped and booked it." I said, not willing to put the effort into making an actual explanatory sentence.

Hayes' eyes shifted slightly as he realized I was standing there. He showed no emotion into the fact that Emma wasn't there until a couple moments later when everything seemed to click.

He looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"This is my fault, isn't it?" Hayes asked. He ran his fingers through his hair, a nervous habit of his.

I shook my head. "Not this time. I think Emma's just making things hard on herself." "Yea man." Cameron said, pocketing his phone. "Don't think that every time something goes wrong it's your fault."

"Harder then you think." Hayes replied. "So, Sam. Any more amazing ideas?" Cameron asked. "Hey! Don't be rude!"

Cameron's face turned white. "No I didn't mean it like- I meant that-" I shook my head. "I know. I'm sorry. I'm just trying to think of something to do."

Hayes' face suddenly lit up. "Maybe this time it won't be you who fixes this." I scrunched my face in confusion. Before I could say anything, Hayes was walking out the exit.

"What does that mean?" I asked Cameron. He shrugged. "Heck if I know."

----

"HAYES!" I screamed, running out to the parking lot. I saw Hayes in the distance, looking off into the lot.

"Give me your keys." Hayes said, once I got to him. "What?" I asked, panting. "Give me, your keys." Hayes repeated.

"Okay... But why?" I said, digging into my pocket. "What the..?" I said, turning my jacket pocket inside out.

"Shit!" "What?" Asked Cameron, finally arriving next to me. "Emma must have stolen my keys." "When did she get the time to do that?" Hayes asked.

{Flashback}
"No Sam. Just, I know you're trying to help. And I appreciate it. But I'm just not ready for this." Emma said, pushing past me.

Suddenly, I felt a small tug at my jacket pocket before Emma left the bathroom.

{End Of Flashback}

I frowned. "I'm going to kill her." Hayes just shook his head. "Whatever! Let's go!" He said, grabbing Cameron's keys out of his hand and darting to his car.

"Where are we going?!" I yelled, climbing in the back as Cameron slid in the passenger seat. Hayes buckled his seatbelt and checked his mirror.

"The one place I know Emma went." Hayes said.

----

I held onto Cameron's hand as we twisted and turned down streets, Hayes almost hitting a couple of pedestrians on the way.

"HAYES IF YOU KILL ME OR MY CAR I WILL HAUNT YOU AS A GHOST FOR THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE!" Cameron yelled, squeezing my hand.

Suddenly, the car came to a jolting stop. I screamed as I flung forward, my seat belt refusing to lock, and smashing face first into Hayes' seat.

"Oh my god. Sam. Are you okay?" Cameron asked, looking at me. I groaned. "Of course it locks when I'm just sitting down normally but when I'm in actual danger, it refuses to do its damn job." I said, rubbing my face.

I looked out the window to see where Hayes brought us. "Her house?" I asked.

Emma's house loomed before us. Her house was nicer then the rest of ours, but was off to the far side of the town so we didn't hang around here that much.

Her house was surrounded by rose bushes leading up to the steps. Falling rose petals covered the brick, making it look like an aisle for a wedding.

My black car was parked in the driveway, proving that she was here.

"I could have told you she would have been here too." Cameron told Hayes. Hayes lowered his eyes at him as he got out.

Cameron and I followed behind Hayes. Hayes tried to open the door but it was locked. "Great. Now what? It's not like she's going to just let us in." Hayes said.

Cameron chuckled. "Step aside." He said, kneeling in front of the door. "Sam." He said, snapping his fingers. "Bobby pins." I sighed as I pulled the bobbly pins from my hair that was holding up my bun.

"Here." I said, handing them to him. "What are you doing? It's not like you can just-" Hayes said, but was interrupted when the door clicked and opened.

"Pick the lock...." Hayes finished, staring at the door in amazement. "How'd you do that?" Cameron scoffed. "You don't get a reputation of being bad around the school unless you know a couple tricks. Now come on. Go talk to her."

Hayes nodded and bolted up the staircase to Emma's bedroom.

"Do you think this is going to work?" I asked Cameron. Cameron sighed as he closed the door behind him. "Honestly?" He asked. I nodded. "Probably not." I sighed and looked at my feet. "Hey. But don't lose hope. You never know what could happen."

I smiled. "If I lost hope easily, we wouldn't be standing here."

A/N
HEY GUUUYYYYSSS!! GUESS WHAT?! IM NOT DEAD!!! WOOOAAAHH!

*Ahem* Sorry.

So hey! Sorry I haven't published a chapter lately, I've had writers block and haven't really gotten around to writing.

School starting in like 3 days too, so that's just great. *Note the sarcasm*

So yea! Enjoy this chapter that I legit just wrote!

(I didn't have any chapters saved and I felt bad for not uploading in awhile so I can't really hold on till I write my next chapter.)

Please don't kill me for being so lazy. :)

AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR OVER 70k READS!! THATS INSANE! THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO SO MUCH!! <3

Anyway, don't forget to like, comment, and follow for future updates! Thanks for reading this chapter too!

Xoxo,

-Kat

P.S: I also realized that two of my chapters have basically the same name and I'm to lazy to change the title to a different thing. Oh. And comment 'Spaghetti' if you've read the whole authors note.