Chapter Seventy Seven: Carnival Pt. 4

Grace's POV
I walked hand in hand with Shawn as I watched Sam lead the way back to the Ferris wheel. I can't believe Cameron would sneak out again.

Actually, I could. I just didn't like it that I hadn't seen it coming.

I decided to leave Cameron in the cell for the rest of the carnival just to give him some sort of punishment. Well, okay, that and for my amusement.

Hey! Don't judge, a girl has to have a little fun.

"Wanna ride the Ferris wheel?" Shawn asked, his thumb rubbing the back of my hand. I smiled. "Okay."

"Hey Sam!" Shawn called out, making Sam turn around. "Head straight on the Ferris wheel, the lines empty."

"Ugh, do I haaavvveee to ride with you guys? It takes forever to go around 3 times." She whined. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Maybe I should just call mom to come get you and..." Shawn said, smiling deviously.

"GETTING ON THE FERRIS WHEEL!" She screamed, running towards the empty cart. Shawn and I laughed as the boy running the ride gave her a confused look.

We quickened our pace and made it on the cart before it lifted off the ground. As it began its slow rotation, Sam began looking down at the carnival grounds.

"Err, do you guys know where Nash and Emily went?" She asked. "Uh, no... why?" I asked, feeling a little suspicious.

"I planned to get him and Emily together with Cameron. That's why we got dragged away by the security guards." She explained.

"Wait, that's why Cameron snuck out?" I asked. "Yeah." Sam said, leaning back into her seat. "I thought it was because he wanted to hang out with you!" I said, feeling guilty.

"No. Well, yes and no. I owed Nash a favour and Cameron helped me pay him back." Sam explained. "Oh..." I said, guilt paining my gut.

"Does this mean you'll let Cameron out of the cell?" She asked. "I really wanted to hang out with him today. I haven't seen him since he's been grounded for getting expelled."

I felt pity pang in my chest. "Umm... no." I decided. "Cameron needs to learn his lesson." "Aw come on!" Sam said, crossing her arms and pouting.

Shawn laughed at his sister, only making her pout more. "Oh c'mon Sam. Tell you what, I'll let him out before the fireworks start." Shawn said.

"But that's not until another 2 and a half hours!" She whined. I smiled at her, laughing slightly.

"Sucks to suck."

----

Cameron's POV
"So, ya got a harmonica or something in here?" I said, leaning against the metal bars.

"Har de har har." Matt said, looking up at me from his phone. He sat on one of those black plastic fold up chairs against the wall, facing the cell.

"There's gotta be something to do it here." I sighed. "Well, you could bang your head against the cell door." He said, smiling sarcastically. "That'd be fun."

I rolled my eyes, removing myself from the bars. "You're a funny guy, aren't ya Matt?" I asked. Matt just smiled at me, practically unfazed.

"If you're trying to annoy me so much I let you out, it's not going to work." I scoffed. "If I wanted to annoy you, I'd be prancing around with my girlfriend by now."

"Ahh, yes. Sam." He smirked deviously. "Tell me about that." "Ugh, you're infuriating." I said.

"Aw come on, I want to know all about you and Sam." He said, smiling. "Oh. My God." I said. "Please, shutup."

"Okay..." Matt said, returning to his phone. "Just thought I'd make things less boring around here." He mocked. I laughed, sort of a mocking laugh. "Sam's great." I said.

"Oh, so you do want to talk about you guys." He said, putting his arm up against his leg to support his head. He tapped his fingers against his chin smiling.

I chuckled, shaking my head a bit. "Drop the act man, I know this isn't you." Matt smiled, laughing as he stood up.

"Sorry Captain." He said, tipping his hat sarcastically. "Thought after the years of bossing me and the rest of the boys around in baseball that I'd play around a bit."

I shook my head. "If only you could swing as hard as you make people laugh."

"Hey!" He said, his hand flying to his chest. "I hit a killer home run this season!"

"Ah," I nodded smiling. "Yes, the one that hit Nash in the head. Very killer." We both laughed, brightening the mood of the jail cell.

"So, in all honesty how is Sam?" Matt asked. "Like I said, she's great. She's pretty, smart, funny. Great." I said, smiling at the thought of her.

"Awe how sweet, Cameron in looovveee." He mocked. "Yea, yea. Now can you please let me out so I can spend time with her?" I asked. "Nope." He smiled.

"Son of a bitch."

---

Samantha's POV
"Nash!!" I yelled, running off the Ferris wheel towards him. "Sam!" He exclaimed, mocking me. Emily laughed, heading to greet Grace and Shawn.

"Listen, I can't thank you enough for what you did back there. I mean, it was great! Emily and I are finally-"

"Yea, yea. Together, I know. Emily texted me. Can I borrow 25 bucks?" I asked, cutting him off. "Umm... what?" He asked, his blue eyes puzzled by my franticness.

"25 bucks. Dollars. Cash. Cabbage. Cheddar cheese. Catch my drift?" I asked, holing out my hand. "No.. why would I-" "NASH JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN MONEY!" I screamed.

He jumped, forking over the money. I smiled, kissing his cheek before running off. I heard Grace and Shawn yelling after me as I disappeared behind a corner. I laughed, my grin spreading from ear to ear.

"THANKS NASH, I'LL PAY YOU BACK LATER!"

A/N
Hey look! I'm not dead!! Sorry for the late update, I'm trying to force myself to sit down and write these chapters instead of going around doing nothing all day!

I'm such a procrastinator xD

Anyway, don't forget to favourite, comment and share this story with your friends!

Also, please check out Dakota's book 'Always'! She's soooo close to 1k reads!! Let's help her get there!

Also don't forget to follow to be updated on chapters and other news!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️