Chapter Six: Grounded

A/N: Earlier update then usual, just because yesterday this book was at 100 and now it's supremely close to 200! In one day! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!
-----
Samantha's POV
"I can't believe you Samantha." My mother said, shaking her head. Her eyes were on the road and she was currently furious having to pick me up from a detention.

Apparently the school didn't want to 'have any more mishaps' from me. Whatever that means. I mean, it was clearly Cameron's fault.

At least on the plus side I didn't have to go tutor with him today.

"I didn't do anything!" I said, staring forward looking at the traffic. I silently groaned. The cars indicated that I would be in a conversation that I wanted to end as fast as possible for at least another hour.

"I don't care what you try to tell me, the principal told me everything and you're grounded. For a month." She said.

My mouth fell agape. "Can I still play basketball?!!" I said, not caring about being on house arrest for a month.

"Yes. I will not rid the team of a player just because you misbehaved." She said. I sighed in relief.

"But." She said, a warning tone taking over. I sucked in a breath. I hate when parents say that.

"Pull on more stunt, and I will not hesitate to pull you off the team."

I nodded, breathing in slowly. That's not as bad as I thought. "And you will attend all of your tutor lessons. School first, Samantha." My mom said, sending me a quick glance to show me she was serious.

As much as I hate Cameron, I would rather live with him then live a day without basketball.

I sighed, seeing as I had no other choice. "Fine. I will. And I'm sorry I got in trouble. It will never happen again." I promised.

My mom and I shared a quick glance and a smile, then we rocked out with the radio. My mom was cool like that. One moment she would yell at me and tell me I'm in deep trouble, then she would jam out with me and become my best friend.

Suddenly, my phone went off. It was Grace. I quickly answered. "Hello?"

"Hi." I groaned. My mom sent me a confused look, but left me alone.

"What do you want Cameron?!" I hissed. My mother was sending me glances, so I knew I would have to watch what I was saying.

"My mom wants your family to come over for dinner." He answered. I figured he was doing homework as I heard pen clicks in the background.

He was clearly nervous, but I didn't have the time to care.

"Umm... Okay? We'll be there. Thank you." I said. It was so hard not to yell at him in that moment.

"Great." He said, then hung up. Confused I pulled the phone from my ear and looked at the screen.

Rude much. I thought. You didn't even say goodbye. But then again, why would I care? Why do I care?

I shook my head and told my mom. I had to lie and tell her that me groaning was that Cameron had told me about homework that we have, plus I was still mad at him for the food fight.

My mom believed me, and she quickly drove me back home to shower and change. I just wore a grey V-neck and leggings, not caring about my appearance. I sighed as I looked at the mess on Shawn's sweater. I put it in the wash and walked to the car.

It wasn't really cold, so I just slipped on my black converses, after I washed off the food on them, and my black leather jacket. I met my family in the car, getting crammed in the back because my mother and step-father were occupying the front seats.

I never had a great relationship with my step-father, mostly because I didn't talk to him that much. He worked at night and slept during the day, so I only saw him on special occasions. Or if he took the day off.

There was this one time when I was 5, he helped me with my lemonade stand. It was fun, and I have to admit, I wish I had a better relationship with him.

But, then again, I would probably never see him as my dad. No, that man walked out on us when I was 2. He just left and never came back.

I don't even know where he is.

My mom moved on quickly, marrying my step-dad when I was 4 and a half. They were somewhat perfect for each other. All I cared was that my mom was happy.

"So, how's basketball going for you, Sam?" My step-dad said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, right." I said, looking at my step-dads brown eyes through the mirror. "It's going good. We're going to provincials. It's in 3 weeks."

He smiled. "Good to hear. I actually got the time off that week. I'm going to go to your games."

I jumped and smiled. "Really?!" I said, excited. Maybe my relationship with him wasn't doomed.

"Yep. Going to cheer ya on, kiddo." He said. I smiled. I saw Shawn smile in the corner of my eye as well.

"I am too." He said. "I'm going to make a super cheesy sign and make sure I embarrass you." Shawn said, smirking.

I laughed and shoved him playfully. He laughed with me.

I loved my family.

Then, I remembered something. Cameron. Dinner. His house.

Save me.

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the shot chapter. Tried to get this out for you guys today because you're amazing for getting it 100- 200 reads in one day! Love you all so much! I really don't

Don't forget to favourite, comment and share this story with your friends!!

What do you think will happen at dinner? Will Cameron be mean? Or do you think he'll be nicer seeing that the adults are watching?

You'll find out in the next chapter!!

Lots of love,

-Kat