Chapter Eighty Four: Setting Up... Again

Samantha's POV
"You know, maybe we should hire a crew to set up all of your plans." Emma huffed, helping me carry a table into the gymnasium.

"Since she seems to have so many." Shawn said, walking past us carrying boxes of food for the canteen. I pouted. "You guys are mean."

"Only cause we love you so much!" Grace responded as Emma and I set the table down. "Uh huh." I muttered, glancing at her.

"Suuureeee."

Suddenly, the gym erupted with a sharp high pitched screech. "Ah, fuck." I heard Hayes whisper through the microphone of the sound system.

Everyone laughed, making him glance up. "Listen, IT'S NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS!" He screamed into the mic, making me jump.

"WATCH OUT!!!" Cameron screamed, carrying the machine to lower the nets. "Oh god." Emily sighed, turning around from hanging up posters of the other teams that would be joining the tournament.

"I'm going to have a headache for the next week because of this." She said, rubbing her temples. "Welcome to the family." Nash laughed, kissing her on the forehead.

"Lovin' it so far!" She exclaimed sarcastically, a smile written on her face.

"Need any help?" Emma asked, skipping over to her boyfriend. "I don't know...." He trailed off, making her laugh. "You don't know? You either need help or you don't babe."

He blushed and Emma just giggled at him, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Here, tryyyyyy this!" Emma said, switching two plugs around, lowering a dial and pressing a button. She passed Hayes the microphone and he hesitantly spoke into it. "Hello. Hello? Hello!" He said, lighting up. "You did it!"

Emma just laughed at him and was about to stand up when he turned to her, taking her face in his hands, pressing his lips to hers. She flinched for a second, her eyes fluttering closed, and she smiled kissing him back.

"GROOOOOOOSS GET A ROOOOOOM!" Grace shrieked, shielding her eyes.

"You wouldn't be saying that if Shawn was doing that to you." I teased, making her glare. I shot her a toothy grin and Shawn just laughed in the background as he continued pulling out the bleachers.

"Sorry... I've just been trying to get that for so fucking long! And she fixes it in seconds!" He exclaimed, after they pulled away. "Poor babyyyy." Grace pouted, making Hayes do the same.

"Sam will you come help me with this?" Cam called, earning my attention. "Yeah what's up?" I asked, following his voice into the supply closet. "I can't reach the score board." He said, pointing to the top shelf.

"That sounds like something you should ask Shawn to help you with!" I laughed. "I'm sure you can help me!" He said and grabbed my hand.

Before I could question him, he grabbed me by the waist and lifted me up so I could easily reach the shelf.

I picked up the hunk of metal and Cam managed to set me down without dropping me. "Thank yooou!" He smiled and pecked my lips before grabbing the board and walking out.

"No problem." I chuckled even though I knew he couldn't hear me.

"HOW SHOULD I HAVE KNOOOOOWN!?" Emma pouted as she sat on the floor tangled in wires. Hayes ran his hands through his hair with a sigh, looking down at her. "Uh ooooh what'd I miss?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"I accidentally tripped on all the wires and ripped them out because that one moved the setup without telling me!" She explained, scowling up at Hayes.

"WELL OPEN YOUR EYES!" He exclaimed, looking very defeated and just strait sad. "I WAS CARRYING THE BOX OF EXTRA WIRES AND I COULDN'T SEE!" She yelled back. That's when I noticed she, in fact, wasn't only tangled in wires but there was now extra wires all over the floor, mixing up with the wires we needed.

"Oooooooooooh.... I see now. Well um, this doesn't look great..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say. "NO IT'S NOT GREAT! I need a coffee damn it!" He sighed and walked strait out of the doors.

Emma put her head down in her wire-covered knees and I offered her a hand. "It's ok, I'll fix it." She said, not even looking up. I hesitantly took my hand back and with a final deep breath she grabbed the big plastic bucket, setting the rolled up wires inside.

I headed over to Grace who was now arranging things on the admission table.

"Well that happened!" She laughed. I shook my head and took things from the cardboard box helping her set things up.

-------

"THERE!" Cameron yelled, stepping away from the score board. "I don't know how that's so hard to set up!" I laughed, looking over at him. "Well you gotta put the teams and stuff on it and the time was wrong on it and I had to re-set it and-"

"Okkkkk I get it! Sounds complicated, good job." I giggled, cutting him off making him smile.

"DOUBLE THERE!" Em screamed. "Did you get it all back to normal?" I asked and she shook her head. "No...but! I did get the other cords away that I don't need and I got the sixth chooooord!" She smiled plugging in her phone.

"HELL YEAH! Finally music! I was dying over here!" Shawn yelled. We all laughed at him as Emma picked a song.

That's What I Like by Bruno Mars started playing and Shawn shrugged. "Not EXACTLY what I was thinking but good enough!"

"DON'T HATE ON MY MUSIC MENDES!" Emma yelled and started dancing and twirling around.

"How the fuck did you get that done so quick?!" Hayes exclaimed, coming into the gym stopping dead in his tracks when his eyes landed on his girlfriend.

She blushed and stopped dancing, shrugging. She went back over to the table and continued plugging in the wires and adjusting everything for the mic.

-------

"PRAISE THE GENIES!" Emma screamed, stopping her music. "SOMEBODY HOLD MY MOTHER FUCKING RAVIOLI! Mind my language but I FINISHED!" She screamed.

"Ok one, what the fuck? Second, good job!" Grace laughed. "Good job babe."
Hayes laughed as she danced around again. "DON'T BABE ME! YOU DIDN'T THINK I COULD DO IT AND I DID SO HA!" She yelled again, pointing a finger at Hayes.

"Ok Em I know you're happy, BUT STOP YELLING!" Emily exclaimed with a laugh. "Sorryyyy." She giggled and sat down in the middle of the room and falling onto her back.

"We're almost done! Then we can go home and sleep and be all ready for the tournament tomorrow!" I smiled.

"Actually Sam, I think we're already done!" Nash smiled. "We have a few more touches we have to add in the morning, but we're done for tonight!"

"Guys this is insane! We're so close! We did it!" I smiled and they all nodded, big smiles on everyone's faces.

"I think this calls for a group hug!" Emma beamed, holding her arms out and standing up.

We laughed at her but we all made our way to the middle to the gym and joined in on the hug.

We did it! We actually did it!

A/N
Credit to Dakota who wrote this whole chapter for me. 😂😂 Ily girly!

EVERYONE SAY THANK YOU TO DAKOTA IN THE COMMENTS!!

Don't forget to favourite, comment, and share this story with your friends! Oh! Also don't forget to hit that follow button for more updates!!

Loads of love,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️