Chapter Seventy Two: What Happened To Us?

Cameron's POV
All of us were spread around Sam's and Shawn's living room, starting the posters and organizing the talent show. Emma typed on Sam's laptop, printing out sheets to glue on the Bristol board.

Shawn had his own laptop and was currently emailing Mr Davidson about our idea.

Sam sat beside me, writing big loopy cursive letters on a Bristol board reading: Talent Show! Emma handed her a sheet with empty lines saying: Sign Up Here!

The others worked away on other Bristol boards, laughing and having fun. I inwardly sighed. I wasn't feeling up for this.

"Hey babe?" Sam asked, not looking up from the board. "Can you pass me a glue stick?" "Sure thing." I said, handing her a glue stick.

"Thanks!" She smiled, looking at me this time. Her infectious smile made my guts turn with butterflies.

"Hey! Cam!" Nash said, grabbing my attention. "Can you help me out with something?" He asked. I nodded, standing up from my spot on the floor, making my way over to him.

"What do you need help with? I asked, standing beside him. He sighed and shook his head, grabbing my arm and dragging me out into the hallway.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he turned to face me. "What's the matter with you?" He asked. He didn't sound mad. More like... worried.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I promised. "Cameron, you're like a brother to me. So I'm going to give you one more chance to tell me what's wrong before I beat it out of you." He said, his blue eyes going cold.

"Woah." I said, putting my hands up in surrender. "No need to get violent." "I'm serious." He said, his eyes staring into mine. A shiver ran down my spine as I gulped.

"Okay fine. I'm just not feeling that up to this right now." I answered. "What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"I don't know." I confessed. "I'd just rather be alone right now I guess." "Cameron, you've spent the last few weeks alone. You need people around you. It's not healthy otherwise." He answered.

"You sound like my mom."

I earned a swat for that remark. "Ow!" I said, rubbing the back of my head. "Now you're really my mom." I grumbled. "Cameron, I don't know what's going on, but whatever it is, you need to fix it. You look depressed. And I don't want to hall your ass down to a doctor if it's something you can fix by yourself."

"I'm not depressed." I said, laughing a bit. "Well like I said, whatever it is, fix it." He said, walking away. I just stood there, not being able to speak. No words came to mind.

"What just happened?" I muttered, confused as hell.

"That's Nash for ya." A voice called out. Hayes turned the corner, smiling in my direction. "Always giving tough love." "Were you eavesdropping?" I asked, lowering my eyes at him.

Hayes shrugged, unbothered. "Maybe." I scoffed, but couldn't help laugh at bit. "Listen, Nash is just worried about you. He almost ripped his hair out stressing over you. So, for his sake, and everyone else's, figure out what's bothering you. Oh!" And Hayes exclaimed, before turning the corner.

"And I'm always here if you need me."

---

After a couple of hours of working on the plans for the talent show, everyone slowly started going home. Grace and I were soon the last ones to leave, hanging out with Sam and Shawn.

"Shawn and I are going to get some hot chocolate. You guys wanna come?" Grace asked, coming out of the kitchen.

Her and Shawn were cleaning the dishes as I layed on the couch, Sam's head on my lap as she scrolled through her phone.

"No thanks." Sam and I said in unison. "But bring me back some!" Sam insisted. "Okay. Cameron?" Shawn asked. "Eh, I'm good." I said. "Suit yourself." Shawn said, leaving with Grace.

"So," Sam said, turning her phone off. "What's new in The Sweet Life Of Cameron?" I chuckled a bit at her and shrugged. "Nothing really. Just a whole bunch of rants from my parents on how 'this was the last straw' and 'you need to clean up your act.'" I said, mimicking my fathers voice.

Sam sighed, sitting up. "What's wrong?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her. She layed her head on my chest, sighing again.

"Nothing it's just... what happened to us Cameron?" She asked. I shut off my phone looking down at her. "What do you mean?" I questioned.

"We used to be so happy. We told each other everything and now... now we barely even speak. I miss your smile." She said lightly, as if remembering something in that moment.

"Do you still love me?" She asked.

I sat back, appalled by the question. I moved, bringing her face up to look her in the eyes. "Of course I love you! Why would you think otherwise?" I asked. "I don't know..." she said, playing with her fingers.

"Sam, listen. I fall in love with you every single day. You make me happy. Hell, you make me this happiest I've ever been. And after all this time, it's all I know for certain. My love for you is the only thing I'm sure about anymore. And I can't lose you. And if I have to tell you it a thousand times a day, I will."

Sam smiled, tears welling up in her eyes. "Awe babe don't cry." I chuckled, wiping a tear away with my thumb.

"I love you too."

A/N
Sorry this is kind of a laid back chapter, I felt things are kind of going to fast so I'm slowing it down a bit.

But, on the plus side, THAT MEANS MORE CUTE SHIP MOMENTS!!

Haha, anyway. Don't forget to like, comment, follow and share this story with your friends!!

Thank you all so much for everything!!

Love you loads,

Xoxo,

-Kat☄️