Chapter Twelve: California

Samantha's POV
"Sam. Saaammm..." I yawned as I was shook awake by Cameron. "Morning beautiful." He said, looking down at me.

I felt myself blush as I rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?" I said, looking out the window, seeing the beautiful view of California.

"About 1:30. We're just landing. Should be on the ground in about 10-15 minutes." Cameron said, looking at his phone.

I nodded as I checked my phone, looking through social media. I checked Snapchat, seeing that Cameron updated his story.

I clicked on it, seeing a picture of me sleeping on his shoulder. It read 'Someone's sleepy <3'

I smiled at it. I also texted my mom saying that we should be on the ground soon and how it's all going smoothly.

I felt the plane hit the runway, as the intercom turned on.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have landed in California! The time is 1:40. We hope you enjoyed your flight as much as we enjoyed serving you and we hope you chose to fly with us again."

I stretched as everyone started to stand, getting their bags. We exited the plane, feeling the warmth of the air around us.

The slight breeze kissed my cheeks as we walked into the airport, seeing a pretty girl holding a sign that read 'Dallas'. I saw Cameron smile at her and walk over to engulf her into a hug.

She had long dirty blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was gorgeous.

I felt ugly in comparison.

"Emily!" Grace said, running over to her cousin. She pushed Cameron out of the way and hugged her. Cameron laughed. "You could have just asked me to move."

Grace just ignored him. "So, how's everything?" Grace asked, pulling away from Emily.

"Good, life as normal I guess." Emily said, shrugging. She then made eye contact with me.

"Oh!" Cameron said, realizing Nash, Hayes, Emma, Shawn and I were just standing awkwardly behind them.

"Em, this is Nash, Hayes, Emma, Shawn and this is Samantha." He said, pointing to each of us. Emily smiled. "Hey."

After we got all introduced, we went to grab our bags. Emily seemed super sweet and I could tell that we would be really good friends.

We walked to the parking lot and got into Emily's van. I sat beside her in the front, looking out the window as we passed the beautiful beaches.

Why did I have to live somewhere so, what's the word? Boring. Emily turned the radio on and we rocked out to them, probably damaging our vocal chords.

I personally suck at singing, but Emma and Shawn were the literal bomb. They sang in perfection while everyone else sounded like dying walruses.

"We're here!" Emily called out, pulling up to this huge white beach house. It was undoubtedly about 2 stories, not counting the basement.

It's back yard was perfectly green and on the hill you could see a staircase made out of wood that lead to their private part of the beach.

Yeah, Cameron mentioned his cousin was kinda rich.

We all grabbed our bags and walked into the house. I felt my mouth hang open, the sight of the house astonishing. It was beautiful, painted with light cream colours.

There was a lot of windows, letting natural light spill onto the dark oak wood floor, polished to perfection.

After everyone got inside, Emily showed us to our rooms. I was sharing one with Grace, up on the very top floor.

I'm pretty sure it was a cellar, because the room took up the whole floor. It was gorgeous though. White bedspreads with light blue walls.

There was a huge window with a cushioned bench, the view outside taking my breath away. The waves splashed against the sand, as I saw seagulls fly through the air.

There was a small roof out the window, so naturally Grace seemed interested. "We could have a roof party! Or just get away from everyone enjoying the sunset."

I nodded, smiling.

"I'm so excited for this vacation." I said, falling on one of the beds. "No drama, no fighting, no school. Just relaxing."

Grace laughed. "If you think this vacation is going to have no fighting, you have very high expectations."

I frowned. "What do you mean?" "I mean, there's a lot of us here. Most of us are siblings. There is going to be at least some fights. Probably nothing major though. Just stupid ones." Grace explained, starting to unpack.

I sighed and did the same. Grace turned on some music and we were singing and dancing while unpacking.

"Dudeeee!!!" Grace yelled, opening a door found in the bedroom. "This place as a walk in closet!"

She was right. It also had a bathroom. "This room is fancier then my whole house!" I said, making Grace laugh.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I called.

"It's Cameron." Grace frowned. "Go away!"

I scowled at her and went to open the door. "Hey." I said, seeing Cameron. I let him in, Grace probably annoyed at me.

"The guys and I were wondering if you wanted to go to the beach."

"Umm... Sure I guess." Grace said, not turning to face her brother. I agreed, and an idea popped in my head.

"We can go near supper, when we're all settled in and have a bbq and bonfire." I suggest, wanting nothing more then to dig my teeth into one of Shawn's famous burgers.

Shawn was annoying sometimes, sure. But he could make one hell of a burger.

"Sounds like a plan." Cameron said, standing up. "Hey, Cam. Before you go relax, can you be a doll and grab mine and Sam's last box? It's just at the bottom of the stairs." Grace asked, folding a t-shirt.

"Sure thing." He said, pecking her on the cheek, and walking out. I saw Grace smile.

"AWWW! SIBLING LOOOVVEEE!" I gushed. Grace glared at me. "Hey, he's you're boyfriend." She said, smirking at me evilly.

"HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!" I yelled, the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Not for long."

A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for all the slow updates! I'm super busy with basketball and don't have a lot of time. Sorry.

Please favourite and comment on this chapter so I can know if you liked it or not! And don't forget to follow us so you can get updates on when a chapter is going to be posted!

Love you all!

-Kat